We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diva Andaman Liveaboard

Lisbon
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Diva Andaman Liveaboard

Hello,

I am going to Thailand next year and would like to make a 1 week trip to the Similan. I have done some internet search and the Diva Andaman boat looks perfect!

Can anyone inform is this is a good boat quality/price and if the diving is safe and worth it?

Thanks

29 replies to this topic
Hamilton, Bermuda
Level Contributor
1 post
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diva Andaman Liveaboard

My husband and I recently returned from a 6 day cruise on the Diva Andaman (Dec 26-Jan 1) and it was fantastic. Yannick is the owner and took very good care of us as he was on the ship the whole time.

The staff were superb and the service was excellent. The double rooms are equipped with a king-size bed (not much shelving space).

The only downside is that they don't do much for vegetarians as there is no real vegetarian option.

Other than that, we loved the trip and met some really good people.

I would definitely do it again and recommend it.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diva Andaman Liveaboard

Thank you for the information. We are very happy that we decided to travel in this boat!!!

Londo
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Diva Andaman Liveaboard

as there is no page to review the diva andaman I thought i would add here.

The boat was fantastic, so much room and very comfortable. The crew and dive team were very helpful and we were very well looked after. Champagne and lobster on a Tuesday night was a real treat. Food was fantastic and plentiful and rooms were comfortable for a boat(beds were a little hard...but after 4 dives who notices!!!)

Diving- good hire kit, all included in the price which is great. Generally 3 day dives with good interval times and 1 night dive. All of which is from a small rib rather than the boat itself. Crew again really helpful with kit and changing tanks.

The diving is hit and miss, the simians have a lot of dead coral but the boulder scenery is outstanding.

Richuleau (?) rock was by far the highlight and gave me hope that not all of Thailand was suffering om severe coral damage, so much life here from small to big....we didn't see any Mantas or whales here but mating cuttlefish and harlequin shrimp softened the blow.

This was my first live aboard and I was worried it would be restrictive but I will be absolutely be booking a liveaboard again and hoping its as good as the diva andaman

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,761 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diva Andaman Liveaboard

Hi,

Great report of a very special experience. It's a pity more people won't see it as this forum doesn't receive many visitors. Most people post about the Similans or Surins and that area of the Andaman on the Khao Lak forum at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g297914-i10908-K… so I have a link to this thread in case other TA Members are interested.

Lisbon
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diva Andaman Liveaboard

What a wonderful experience!!!

We decided to do 2 itineraries with the Diva Andaman: The Similans and the South Islands and we were very lucky to be in this boat. The staff is absolutely professional, very kind, and everybody seems to know exactly what they have to do to make your holiday unique. We were spoiled every minute…

The food is amazing worthy of a Michelin star! Everything is fresh, tasty and very well presented. The bread is baked everyday and the ice cream is homemade.

Yannick, the owner, was always present during the trip, making sure that nothing will be wrong. He is very professional and very alert to every detail, and in my opinion that’s why the service on board is so exceptional. The lobster is top quality, the Champaign is French and the Belgian chocolates a must!

The diving is also very professional and they have full equipment to borrow. If you want you can do 4 dives a day and it is all included in the final price!

My husband and I, we travel by boat every year and we agree that this is the best live aboard we have been!

We can´t wait to do the Mergui !!!!

Phuket, Thailand
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Diva Andaman Liveaboard

Thanks for your encouraging comments.

With the whole crew, we're currently doing the yearly complete overhaul of our Diva, with of course several further improvements regarding comfort and look.

More details will be posted on Diva Marine's Facebook page for info.

facebook.com/pages/…143350379351

Kind Regards to All

Yannick

Edited: 25 May 2012, 00:34
Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Diva Andaman Liveaboard

hello yannick,

my wife and I ae planning a trip on your boat in january of 2014.....Can I directly reserve our trip with you?

Jan. 19 to the 25th>

thank you very much for your help and can't wait to meet you.

All the best

Nicolas

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,761 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Diva Andaman Liveaboard

This is a forum not an advertising/booking site. If you want to book with Dive Andaman you should contact them through the Facebook page link in post #6.

Phuket, Thailand
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Diva Andaman Liveaboard

Hi Nicolas,

Sure no problem, can you send me a mail to info@divamarine.com? I will send you all information in return.

Kind Regards

Yannick

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Diva Andaman Liveaboard

My Husband and I have been very fortunate enough to have the privlige of staying on the Diva Andaman twice now. The first time was in 2012 where we cruised and scuba dived the Similans. This cruise was a Divers dream (my husband loved it) and while I am not as big into the Diving as my husband I found the time both above and below the water fantastic. The dive instructors were very professional and knowledgable about their region.

This year April 2013, we cruised the southern Islands. The diving isn't quite as good but still very enjoyable. Once again the drive instructors were great, friendly and very professional. The southern Island also takes in Koh Phi Phi and other beautiful Islands and Bays. Great for kyaking, snorkling and Diving.

As always the food was incredible and Yannick and his staff are so friendly and welcoming and obviously love what they are doing. The rooms are well appointed and the beds were a lot more comfortable this year. They are always striving to make each cruise better than the last. We loved our week on the Diva and will definitely be back.

Thanks Yannick and the Crew!

Reply to: Diva Andaman Liveaboard
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Similan Islands