We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport to ko tao

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
5 posts
Save Topic
transport to ko tao

hi, can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from samui airport to the pier where you can get boats to ko tao? I am booking a flight, but I think the latest boat to leave Samui is midday amnd I don't wanna miss it!!

thanks

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport to ko tao

There is always minibuses that can transfer you to the ferries, (whiochever one you are travelling on), with a cost of about 55 baht. The trip takes about 10 - 15 minutes. Leave about 1.5 hours between landing and the ferry leaving time and try to book your ferry in advance on the net. This will probably enable you to book a transfer too.

Have a grat time in Koh Tao and don't stay at the Anankhira resort! It is a lovely, if slightly undeveloped island and you will be amazed at the incredible diving there, even if you just use a snorkel!

Don't expect a real luxury island. It is more back packer style but it is getting much better as time goes by. You will see from the huge notice as you pull in to the port that it is only a few years ago that the island was handed over to tourism. Do lots of great seafood and get lots of very cheap massages on the beaches. Chill and relax!

Koh Tao
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: transport to ko tao

The boats from Samui to Koh Tao leave at 8:00 and 12:00. The peer is quite near the airport, takes 20 minutes to walk there.

But you don't need to. When you take a domestic flight to Samui, you can find the desk for boot tickets easy: take your backpack from the luggage belt and turn around: there's the desk.

When you book Lomprayah or Seatran, you will be taken to the boat by a mini-van. It's included in the ticket so you don't pay for a taxi!

Seatran is (to my opinion) preferred: larger boat, larger deck with a roof and the fastest boat!