We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have to decide! KohTao or KohKood? Where is best weather NOW

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Antwerp
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Have to decide! KohTao or KohKood? Where is best weather NOW

Hello,

In just a few days we will be travelling to our beach destination after travelling through Laos for a couple of weeks. Which island should we choose for sunny weather?

Can anyone advise please?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Have to decide! KohTao or KohKood? Where is best weather NOW

Koh Kood - but expect the odd storm where ever you go.

Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
184 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have to decide! KohTao or KohKood? Where is best weather NOW

Koh Tao is hot and sunny at the moment but we have had a couple of thunder storms (only lasting a couple of hours).

Southern California
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have to decide! KohTao or KohKood? Where is best weather NOW

I was wondering if you could let me know if early April is generally a good month for Koh Tao. We stayed at sensi maybe 7 years ago in June and was not sure of weather in April. Are diving visibility and weather good at the same time? Hot weather is good......too much rain monsoon we would really like to avoid. Do you recommend visit to Phi Phi? Other side of thailand so monsoon opposite time? Leaning towards Koh Tao only thank you!

Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
415 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Have to decide! KohTao or KohKood? Where is best weather NOW

If you are divers then April is one of the times when the whalesharks pass though....

Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
184 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have to decide! KohTao or KohKood? Where is best weather NOW

April is a great time to visit Koh Tao with some of the best diving condition. As said above, this is a really time for seeing Whale sharks. Also, the Thai New Year (Songkran) is in April...an amazing experience!!!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have to decide! KohTao or KohKood? Where is best weather NOW

Koh Tao still can go until mid October :)

Unlucky, I've never seen any whale sharks in Koh Tao :(

So I should go there in April!

7. Re: Have to decide! KohTao or KohKood? Where is best weather NOW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 11:18