We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Ko Tao to Krabi

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Ko Tao to Krabi

Hi - just wondering what the best way to get from Ko Tao to Krabi is? I was there once before and took the ferry to Surat Thani - then hired a driver to take us to Krabi. Well, my friend did this for us - there were 4 of us at the time. This time there will be two of us traveling. I don't want to have to wait around too long for buses or ferries but is this the easiest way to go? I've read that hiring a driver will be about 3000 baht - which is fine with me - but how does one go about finding a driver? I can't remember if there are travel agencies on Tao that will sell a ferry/bus combo to Krabi. I remember the ferry to Surat Thani took a loooong time! Like 6 hrs at least. I'd like to arrive in Krabi at a reasonable hour as well since we'll be needing to get a boat to Railay. I'll be traveling from Tao on about Jan 02 so am a little worried about things being booked up - ferries should be fine I guess though? I just want to make sure I can secure transportation before booking accommodation. Thanks!!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,042 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Ko Tao to Krabi

Scroll to the bottom of this link for times and prices travelling by Lomprayah catamaran and bus or minibus:

Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Ko Tao to Krabi

Another option is Bangkok airways, they fly direct from Koh Samui to Krabi, depending on flight times you may have to spend a night on Koh Samui.

3. Re: Traveling from Ko Tao to Krabi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2013, 10:16