We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Taxi from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Water Taxi from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

Does anyone know if it is possible to hire a taxi boat to get between the islands? We want to dive on Koh Tao but have booked accommodation on Samui and the ferry times don't work for the diving boat times. There is almost $100 difference per person to dive from Koh Samui than on Koh Tao which seems crazy if we can get there at the right time somehow. Need to be on Koh Tao by 7am and can't leave until 5pm.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Taxi from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

Hello

Water Taxi? I know there is Ferry only,

Just 2 companies that I can recommend Lomprayah and Seatran Discovery arrive Koh Tao at 9 - 10am.

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Taxi from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

It's possible to hire a private boat, there are some companies in Samui, but i think It's very expensive!!

Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
184 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Taxi from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

The longtail taxi boats will not take you that far and the private speed boats are very expensive!!! The ferries are the only way to go.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Taxi from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

Hi

Like everyone has said private transfers are very expensive. I know of at least one company that offers a single engine speed boat transfer of 19000 THB for up to 4 people.

Can you not change the dates with your accomodation on Koh Samui and do a couple of nights on Koh Tao?

Hope you get something sorted.

Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
415 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Taxi from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

It would be cheaper to change your accommodation even if you loose on the deposit.

The Hague
Level Contributor
384 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Taxi from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

Which are the private companies which are doing the private boat transfer Samui/Tao? Thanks

melbourne
Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Taxi from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

There is several dive operators from samui who take trips up to koh Tao everyday for diving. My husband has gone several times for day trips diving from samui.

He generally left about 7am and was back in samui for dinner. You don't need to rely on the public ferry timetable to dive in koh Tao in a single day.

The samui dive shops will be able to arrange a private boat generally at a moments notice if money is not a big problem.

However, if you want to dive on koh Tao more than 1 day it might be worth losing a little on accommodation and taking the ferry there and booking trips through a local dive operator (they are everywhere). Going on more than 1 day from samui makes for very long hit tiring days.

The ferries go twice a day to koh Tao from samui the latest leaving at aporox 1.30pm and are 600bht per person each way.

Daegu, South Korea
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Water Taxi from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

I was wondering what the cheapest taxi or private ferry company is in Koh Samui. I arrive to Koh Samui around 5pm and will miss the last ferry heading to Koh Tao. So I am trying to find a way to Koh Tao that same evening. I know that anything private will be more expensive, and I am ok with that. I just want to find the most affordable "expensive" route.

Thanks much for any help. Any quick responses would be greatly appreciated as I need to know this information by tomorrow evening.

1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Water Taxi from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

Same. I'm looking for a boat to go from Samui to koh pha ngan. I already have a place booked in koh pha ngan. So just want to get there ASAP. My flight in to Samui is late I thought there was a night ferry from Samui but apparently not.

Thanks for any help. Cheers.

Edited: 03 December 2014, 13:21
Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water Taxi from Koh Samui to Koh Tao

There's no night boat from Samui to Phangan, as my knowledge the last one is Haad Rin Queen Ferry that depart at 18.30.

If you are too late and you have already booked in KP check the price for a private boat

http://www.samuiboatcharter.com/

Anyway I think that an overnight in Samui is the best option