We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP NEEDED getting to Koh Tao

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
HELP NEEDED getting to Koh Tao

I need help!

I am travelling alone and meeting a friend in Koh Tao. I fly to Bangkok arrive at 8am on boxing day and need to get to koh tao. I would rather fly as i am all alone and never been to Thailand before. Im also shitting myself ha.

Now i know i cant fly to koh toa, i need to go to koh samui or surat thani? Im just stuggling here i have spent hours reading things and my brain is starting to give up. PLEASE HELP!!

Mentioned in this post
Koh Tao
Koh Tao
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
19,325 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP NEEDED getting to Koh Tao

Take a Nok Air "Fly 'n' Ferry" flight, booking through to Koh Tao. You'll have to change to Don Muang Airport but they do the rest - flight to Chumphon, bus to pier, Lomphrayah catamaran to Koh Tao. http://www.nokair.com/

But the one flight of the day leaves at 08:30 so you'll either have to change your arrival in Bangkok to the night before or leave for Tao a day later.

The only other solution would be to fly to Samui on Bangkok Airways or Thai Smile and then catch a ferry.

Edited: 12 November 2012, 21:32
Mentioned in this post
Koh Tao
Koh Tao
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Chumphon
Chumphon
Chumphon Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP NEEDED getting to Koh Tao

Hi

Sorry but you've left it a bit late to fly to Koh Samui direct with Bangkok or Thai airways. There's no availabilty or flights that arrive in time for the last ferry from Samui to Tao. It's peak season across the country, but there's a lot of folks heading to the Gulf islands that time of year for the New Years parties.

As Bill2p states Nok Air do a flight and ferry combo but you wouldn't make the 8.30am flight on your day of arrival.

Solar Air has a flight and ferry combo from Don Muang airport at 10am so even that is too tight.

Your choices are as above, change your arrival to Bangkok, change your arrival to Tao.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
mount isa
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP NEEDED getting to Koh Tao

Hi, just thought I'd let you know I went to Samui then caught a ferry and it was very rough. Take sea sickness tablets :)

4. Re: HELP NEEDED getting to Koh Tao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 10:16