We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to Hin Wong from Tanote or Mango Bay & restaurants T

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
getting to Hin Wong from Tanote or Mango Bay & restaurants T

Hi, Am trying to plan & book a budget week at the best snorkeling spots on Koh Tao but need to stay somewhere with a fridge. REALLY want to get to Hin Wong and wonder if we can catch a boat to there from Tanote or Mango bay

Also, any other paced to at at Tanote apart from Montalay?

Byron Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to Hin Wong from Tanote or Mango Bay & restaurants T

Uh oh - just found out Mango Bay doesn't have electric for minibar during hot part of day (need fridge for pain medication). From Tanote, then?

Oops also missed the bit about other places to EAT within walking distance around Tanote?

Edited: 28 November 2012, 00:21
Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to Hin Wong from Tanote or Mango Bay & restaurants T

Hi

You'd be able to organise a long tail boat to go to any of the bays around the island. Your accomodation would be the best to arrange it for you.

Tanote Villa Hill is the only other resort in Tanote that I can recall. There are others though. My opinion is that Montalay is the best of the ones I've had a look at.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to Hin Wong from Tanote or Mango Bay & restaurants T

Hi again,

After reading your second post, why don't you stay in one of the more popular resorts and travel for snorkel trips? The better snorkeling is done from a boat further out to sea than from shore. The big boat trips are around 650 THB for the whole day, include lunch, drinks, fruit and snorkel gear.

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,577 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to Hin Wong from Tanote or Mango Bay & restaurants T

I remember Diamond Beach in Tanote Bay but I don't know if they have minibar.

5. Re: getting to Hin Wong from Tanote or Mango Bay & restaurants T

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 07:17