We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DON`T rent at Lederhosen bikes Koh Tao

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
DON`T rent at Lederhosen bikes Koh Tao

We rented 2 scooters for a couple of days. We were able to check around the scooter. When we turned the bikes in again, they charged us 1800 baht / 50 euros for a scratch below on the bike of 1cm! The woman searched for 15 minutes, she checked every spot. And the guy is not nice at all. The rooms are seperated so other persons can't hear you arguing. Thereby they also keep your passport and don't give it back if you don't pay!

Cardiff, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: DON`T rent at Lederhosen bikes Koh Tao

I'm handing the Quad back tomorrow, I'll keep you posted with my experience

Cardiff, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: DON`T rent at Lederhosen bikes Koh Tao

I'm handing back the rented Quad tomorrow, I'll keep you posted with my experience.

Edited: 22 March 2013, 10:09
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: DON`T rent at Lederhosen bikes Koh Tao

Yes, let us know how it goes.

Cardiff, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: DON`T rent at Lederhosen bikes Koh Tao

Hi Guys. Well I was informed that when I turn up I should take lots of pics of the quad and make sure that they are aware of me taking them which I did.. When I handed the quad back the Thai lady looked over the quad briefly and then gave me my passport back with no additional charges.. The German owner was there but I didn't really talk to him too much apart from saying bye at the end. So all in all I've had a good experience with them. Just remember to take loads of pictures of every angle of the vehicle. Have a good one guys

New Milton, United...
Level Contributor
4,416 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: DON`T rent at Lederhosen bikes Koh Tao

a"happy ending"rifflart,

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: DON`T rent at Lederhosen bikes Koh Tao

Glad to hear you didn't have any problems.

Leipzig, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: DON`T rent at Lederhosen bikes Koh Tao

Sounds like our situation. We also paid 1800THB for a little 1cm scratch below the bike!!!! The guy was also very rude, but he had our passport!!! NEVER ever again Lederhosen bikes !!!

Zürich
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: DON`T rent at Lederhosen bikes Koh Tao

No dramas

It seems we were lucky. After having been informed about the fees that occur when you scratch the scooter, we insisted on a brandnew one, which we got, along with new offroad tyres. We took care not to damage it when we drove around the island and returned the scooter after 3 days with no dramas at all. However, having to leave the passport with them made us feel uneasy. The owner was acting very super cool, but not unfriendly. So after all, we had a new scooter for a normal market price.

(March 2013)

Zürich
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: DON`T rent at Lederhosen bikes Koh Tao

No dramas - After having been informed about the fees that occur when you scratch the scooter, we insisted on a brandnew one, which we got, along with new offroad tyres. We took care not to damage it when we drove around the island and returned the scooter after 3 days with no dramas at all. However, having to leave the passport with them made us feel uneasy. The owner was acting very super cool, but not unfriendly. So after all, we had a new scooter for a normal market price.

(March 2013)

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
9,228 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: DON`T rent at Lederhosen bikes Koh Tao

Lol, suddenly first time posters come up with "No Problem" reports.

Well done Mr. Lederhosen :)))