We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

encircling Tao in a day

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Topic
encircling Tao in a day

Hi Everyone,

We'll be in Koh Tao for 2 nights for our honeymoon. we'll have one day to us to explore Tao. Now, the best part is that neither me nor my wife knows swimming. :) so we'll just like to visit various beautiful beaches (including Nang yuan) and just click nice fotos. :)

Queries :

1. How to cover various beaches ? by longtail / boat trip / Cab or Taxi ??

2. How much will it cost ?

3. Any particular spot you may suggest for our requirement .

-

Thanks In Advance

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: encircling Tao in a day

Hi

Welcome to the Koh Tao forum.

1. Either mode of transport would be fine, although as you aren't swimmers, perhaps just a day on Koh Nang Yuan would make a more enjoyable day.

2. Really depends on what you decide to do. If you use the search function for longtail hire you'll find lots of posts about hiring boats and the cost of travel to Koh Nang Yuan.

3. Depends on where you'll be staying. I can't say I've seen an ugly beach on the island though.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: encircling Tao in a day

Thanks a lot lush.

we'll be staying at sairee beach. Just because Tao has all the beautiful beaches that I want to visit all / most of them but since I have only one day to roam around I would like suggestions for few of the most photogenic beaches/spots :)

also, opinions on whether longtail trip would be better or Taxi... (considering the fact that some spots like shark island may not be accessible via taxi but may be very scenic).

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: encircling Tao in a day

Then yes, hire a longtail boat for the day and go around the island and stop off at Koh Nang Yuan before going back to Sairee.

Not sure of day hire prices at present as I've not hired in over a year.

Edited: 16 January 2013, 17:24
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: encircling Tao in a day

Thanks Lush for the suggestions :)

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,586 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: encircling Tao in a day

In low season you can hire a longtail for a day with about 1500/1800 bht. In high season I think not less than 2000 bht.

Hi

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: encircling Tao in a day

Thanks Matti80, the prices haven't changed all that much by the look of things!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: encircling Tao in a day

You can hire a longtail for the day to circle Koh Tao, however they are noisy and some don't have much in the way of shade. Better options are:

Hire a motorbike and check out Tanote Bay, Aow Luek and Freedom Beach, thencatch a longtail to Koh Ngan Yuan and back from Mae Haad or Sairee Beach, best time is between 1500-1700 as most of the day trippers from Koh Samui have gone and its less crowded. Or

Go to Goodtime Adventures on Sairee Beach and charter one of their speedboats for a half day trip around the island that includes snorkling and cliff jumping in uncrowded bays.

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,586 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: encircling Tao in a day

Hire a motorbike in my opinion it's not a better option!!

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: encircling Tao in a day

Agree with Matti80, hiring a motorbike is not a better option.

10. Re: encircling Tao in a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Koh Tao