We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valuables in scuba resort rooms?

Berkeley, California
2 posts
Save Topic
Valuables in scuba resort rooms?

I just booked a room at a scuba resort (Big Blue) in Ko Tao. I'm wondering if valuables such as SLR camera or ipad mini, besides my wallet, will be safe in the room? I haven't asked yet, but it doesn't look like the rooms will have safes. (Most of all I would hate to lose my photos, and I can probably hide the SD card in my makeup case, but hope to keep the other stuff too. )

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valuables in scuba resort rooms?

Should be okay if you lock it in your suitcase/rucksack. Most of the dive resorts will keep valuables behind reception if you are really worried about it.

Berkeley, California
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Valuables in scuba resort rooms?

Thanks! appreciate the rapid response

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valuables in scuba resort rooms?

No worries.

I always tend to stress about leaving valuables in rooms. I lock everything in my big rucksack, and then chain the rucksack to the bed frame. May be overkill, but gives me peace of mind!

For your photos, it may be worth getting a Dropbox account. You can upload everything, then at least if your camera does go missing, you keep the pics.

Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
415 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Valuables in scuba resort rooms?

I think you will find that there will be lockers or some sort of safe deposit system.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
290 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valuables in scuba resort rooms?

"I lock everything in my big rucksack, and then chain the rucksack to the bed frame."

I wouldn't bother with the lock on the bag – it's trivial to cut luggage open with a small knife. You should certainly put your valuables out of sight, and chaining it to an immovable object is a good idea. But you might as well leave your bag unlocked so at least you won't lose your valuables AND have to replace a sliced-up bag.

6. Re: Valuables in scuba resort rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Koh Tao
Recent Conversations