We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bankok to koh samui

Glasgow, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
bankok to koh samui

i arrive at bankok airport at 18.35, what is my best option for getting to koh samui, flights are so expensive.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,128 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bankok to koh samui

Hi,

There is a night train at 22.50 (with no sleepers) to Surat Thani. Otherwise, overnight in Bangkok and fly south on either Air Asia or Nok Air and then take a ferry or catamaran across to Koh Samui.

www.nokair.com

www.airasia.com

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bankok to koh samui

Hi

Welcome to the TA forum. As a new forum member you may not be familiar with the FAQ's at the top right hand side of the page, as well as the search box towards the top of the page.

If you go to the Koh Samui forum page, you'll find a whole heap of information. tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g293918-i7560-Ko…

If you are posting in the Koh Tao forum because you're considering flying to Koh Samui in order to get to Koh Tao you can get flights, bus and ferry combo tickets from Nok Air, the link is in the post above, which save you going via Koh Samui.

Hope this helps a little

Edited: 05 February 2013, 18:54
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,128 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bankok to koh samui

Hi,

I should have mentioned the Lomprayah option earlier:

http://www.lomprayah.com

They have a bus/catamaran combo which departs 21.00 from Bangkok. This option is much cheaper than flying directly to Koh Samui from Bangkok

Edited: 05 February 2013, 19:09
Glasgow, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bankok to koh samui

thanks so much, i think i will go for the train. sorry another question, would i just get a taxi to the train station and take the train to surat thani and then is it the boat from there? would i need to pre book trains? sorry that is a lot of question, trying to organise myself, thanks again.

Glasgow, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: bankok to koh samui

oh departs at 9 that would be handy, i hadn't seen any bus options as late as that, i shall look it up, thanks agin

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,128 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bankok to koh samui

Hi Christine,

You can take a combination of the Airport Rail Link and MRT (underground) from the airport to Hualamphong (main railway station). At Surat Thani railway station you will be able to buy a combo ticket which includes the transfer (by bus) to Don Sak Pier and the ferry across to Koh Samui.

Regarding post 5: There are government buses that operate on the route but they depart earlier.

I think your best bet is the Lomprayah option since you can buy a ticket online beforehand. However, you will need to take a taxi from the airport to the Lomprayah departure point.

Edited: 05 February 2013, 19:22
7. Re: bankok to koh samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2014, 05:16