We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip To Koh Tao ~ Where To Go What to See?

wales
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip To Koh Tao ~ Where To Go What to See?

Hi There

When in Samui this Aug/Sept we would love to visit here but not for snorkelling.

We done the snorkelling trip last year and loved it but would like to see the island this time.

Love Thai food and the culture and would welcome any sugguestions for things to do and places to visit on a day trip.

Many Thanks

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip To Koh Tao ~ Where To Go What to See?

Hi

With only a few hours available between ferries arriving and departing I'd suggest spending time around Mae Head and Sairee only. They're the 2 main resort/areas on the island so the scenery is very beach resort typical. Not the tropical island seclusion you can find on Tao, but will give you a plenty to see and lots of choices to have some lunch and a drink.

Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
184 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip To Koh Tao ~ Where To Go What to See?

A day trip is never long enough to get a true impression of Koh Tao! You would really need a few days to explore all the beaches, enjoy the views, try diving/snorkeling, and eat at some of the amazing restaurants. But as you only have a few hours, take lushlynds advise.

wales
Level Contributor
140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip To Koh Tao ~ Where To Go What to See?

Cheers both.

Given accomdation is all booked for 11 nights I guess Samui is where will will stay with just a short day trip :-(

Thanks for advice anyway.

Thanks again

Edited: 08 March 2013, 10:32
Durham
Level Contributor
359 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip To Koh Tao ~ Where To Go What to See?

You could always leave your hotel behind for a couple of nights (budget depending) and stay on Tao 2/3 days, i do that every trip. No problem finding somewhere to stay, digs to suit any budget, and give yourself time to trek/snorkel and tour round the island, so much to see..

Hire a longtail for the day, take in all the bays plus Nangyuan, trek the viewpoints etc. Would give it some thought if i were you, don't think you will be disappointed.

Good luck

Eddie

5. Re: Day Trip To Koh Tao ~ Where To Go What to See?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 06:18