We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

traveller's choice 2013 island .Is that a joke ?

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liege, Belgium
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
traveller's choice 2013 island .Is that a joke ?

koh tao ,best island in south asia ?Maybe for the people who's seen only one island in them life or for the people who live or work on koh tao

more and more traveller will not believe this kind of report

First tripadvisor should change the introduction about koh tao : "Ko Tao takes its name from the abundant sea turtles that reside on its shores" That's just not true ,it is very ,very rare to see a turtle at koh tao !

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,952 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: traveller's choice 2013 island .Is that a joke ?

The turtles probably used to be abundant until the hordes of divers and snorkellers came and you probably have to go away from the actual island to see them. It's a beautiful island that a LOT of people like to visit.

Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
184 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: traveller's choice 2013 island .Is that a joke ?

There are more and more turtles being spotted around Koh Tao each year due to conservation projects on the island like the annual Turtle Release (100 turtles). People who spend some time on the island and explore more than just Sairee Beach will find that Koh Tao is a beautiful place! I agree the island is getting busier but I believe it retains a certain charm. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of paradise.

Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: traveller's choice 2013 island .Is that a joke ?

or then you just simply Like something else.

Luckily eweryone have right to their opinion.

As it says travellers choice i quess That means it has got moust votes ,good reviews amongs travellers?

There is plenty to see and do now days on sea and land what probably is reason for this award.

Island has grown but still Managed to maintain its unique small Island vibe .

and now days it has alot to offer either you young or old ,diver or just seeking for nice time under the sun.

my daughter for example on her first Time doing proper snorkling from beach few months ago did see Reef shark.

She was stoked so was i!

Japa

bangkok
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: traveller's choice 2013 island .Is that a joke ?

difficult to believe you as you are a professional diver working on koh tao.

it's been reported that the farang working or owning a busness at koh tao manipulate the reviews about koh tao !?

Why didn't you choose a picture of koh tao to illustrate the home page of koh tao of tripadvisor ?

I'm leaving in Thailand for 15 years and used to come to koh tao a fews time every year.So I can tell you that I've seen the evolution of Koh Tao in the wrong direction.

The problem of koh tao ,It's definitely the large number of farangs which has settled and opened busness there.That make koh tao looked like any ugly place you can find in south of France or Spain .Why people who are supposed to love this small tropical paradise spend so much energy to change it for a boring and very commun seaside holliday.

The turtles are almost impossible to see and this year for the first time I didn't see no one black tip shark at thian og bay

The coral Is deffiniely dead

It was my last holliday at koh tao ,I can't stand the atmosphere sprayed by the staff of the dive shops and the pizzerias owners.

I've been censored also for 2 negatives reviews about rocky bay and sairee sairee restaurant (the best exemple of the bad developpement of koh tao ,only concrete...)

Edited: 11 May 2013, 00:32
perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: traveller's choice 2013 island .Is that a joke ?

Koh Tao take its name from the shape of the island!!!!

6. Re: traveller's choice 2013 island .Is that a joke ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 05:16