We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Bangkok to Kho Tao and Kho Phanang

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Johannesburg South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Bangkok to Kho Tao and Kho Phanang

My wife and I are arriving in Bangkok too late to catch the bus and ferry option to Kho Tao that night, I have looked at the Nuk Air option of flying and then catching the ferry and it looks like it will meet our needs, but what I cant get information on is the following. When we return and I want to book the return option with Nuk Air, we will not be on Kho Tao but staying on Kho Phanang, so I don't know if there is a ferry that goes from Kho Phanang to Kho Tao to get our ferry and flight to Bangkok. There isn't a reyrn option from Kho Phanang. Can you catch private long boats to take you between the islands if the ferry option is not available from Kho Phanang for the Nuk Air connection?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Bangkok to Kho Tao and Kho Phanang

If I am reading right you are trying to do a return booking on one booking i.e Bangkok - Koa Tao and then return from Koh Phangan (?)-

What you do is book one way Bangkok ( DMK ) to Koh Tao and then another booking one way Koh Phangan to Bangkok ( DMK ) - best one for shortest travel time looks like the one that departs 12:00 and arrive Bangkok 17:05

If you are arriving at bangkok BKK and taking Nok Air in the morning to Koh Tao do note that Nok Air operate from DMK ( Don Muang airport )

Edited: 17 June 2013, 14:11
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Bangkok to Kho Tao and Kho Phanang

Sorry typo should of course be 'Koh Tao' :)

If you want to overnight close to DMK the Amari Hotel at Don Muang is about US$50 a night but there are cheaper options, but the Amari is connected to the airport so that makes it very easy indeed.

Yangon (Rangoon...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Bangkok to Kho Tao and Kho Phanang

Hi,

I am going from BKK to Phangan and before I buy the ticket with Air Asia and fly to Surathani, I would like to know whether the option of taking a taxi (we are 4 persons) from the airport to the Don Sak ferry pier and then the boat to Phangan is too long and tiring. Or is it better to buy the whole package offered by Air Asia which include transfer from airport to ferry pier and to the island of Phangan? The alternative, I was told, is to fly from BKK to Ko samui and then take a fast boat to Phangan. The problem with this option is that the ticket with bangkok air is more than double. Thank you for your suggestions. Giuseppe

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Bangkok to Kho Tao and Kho Phanang

Hi

You have another alternative which is to fly with Nok Air from DMK to Koh Phangan with their flight and ferry combo.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g303910-i9415-k5…

In regards to your taxi query I'd suggest posting it in the Koh Phangan forum where you'll get more responses from people who have had similar experiences.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g303910-i9415-k5…

Johannesburg South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Bangkok to Kho Tao and Kho Phanang

Thanks a million for your answer but Asia Air doesn't have a flight and ferry service to Tao frim Bangkok, it only seems to go to Phanang. I can get the return one done as you say.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Bangkok to Kho Tao and Kho Phanang

Howzit Ian,

I plan to do the same trip. See if this option works for you. Buy a return ticket from BKK to Surat Thani , then go onto the Lomprayah website and book your trips to KT and KP back to ST (land and ferry).

Good luck

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Bangkok to Kho Tao and Kho Phanang

You can use Lomprayah bus+ferry combo from Bangkok to both Koh Tao and Koh Phangan

http://www.lomprayah.com/e/route.htm

This map shows the flight + ferry combos with Nok Air

nokair.com/contents/…index.html

Note: If going to Koh Tao you can use the Lomprayah bus+ferry route Or use Nokair flight+ferry which connects with same Lomprayah ferry from Chumphon

Johannesburg South...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Bangkok to Kho Tao and Kho Phanang

Thanks I am going to do as you suggest. Thanks for all your efforts.

9. Re: Travel from Bangkok to Kho Tao and Kho Phanang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 05:18