We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Tao to Bangkok with Nok Air and Lomprayah via Chumphon

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland
Level Contributor
183 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Tao to Bangkok with Nok Air and Lomprayah via Chumphon

Can someone please help, am I right to believe that the Nok Air flight at 18:00 is the only flight connection (with the Lomprayah ferry) to Bangkok? If so, it means quite a bit of time waiting at the airport given the ferry arrives at the pier at 11:45 and the journey to thecairport is about an hour I think. Or is there somewhere more interesting than the airport to pass the time? Has anyone travelled this route using this connection and can clarify? My travel is in July.

Also, do Lomprayah offer a package to Chumphon Airport as I can only see tickets from Koh Tao to Chumphon Pier?

Thanks in advance

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Tao to Bangkok with Nok Air and Lomprayah via Chumphon

Hi

I answered your query in more depth on your other thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/…50590683

The ferry and flight combo that leaves Koh Tao in the morning doesn't fly out of Chumphon, only the ferry and flight combo leaving in the afternoon. The morning journey goes via Koh Phangan.

Edited: 28 June 2013, 08:45
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Tao to Bangkok with Nok Air and Lomprayah via Chumphon

Surely a much better idea would be to take the afternoon Lomprayah to Chumphon which leaves Tao at 14.45 and costs 600 THB then get in their minibus to take you to the airport (200 THB) in time for your 18.00 Nokair flight to BKK.

You'll have a bit more time on Koh Tao and they'll be a lot more people on your minibus going to the airport.

If you got the morning boat, a taxi to the airport will be about 300 THB if I remember but there's nothing to do there.

Auckland
Level Contributor
183 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Tao to Bangkok with Nok Air and Lomprayah via Chumphon

Lushly, yes you did reply but you seemed to go off on a tangent, what with referring to 'Nakorn Si Thammarat airport' which is obviously not the route I was asking for advice on and I was hoping for advice from someone that had recently travelled the route using the Koh Tao - Lomprayah - Chumphon - Nok Air - Bangkok agenda, but I do appreciate you taking the time to reply.

ThePlace, yeah you are spot on with your suggested itinerary. Coincidentally, I have just worked our today that on Nok Air website when booking, if you scroll down on the destination option you can get down to the "fly and ferry" section which will book you through to Chumphon Airport. Whereas initially I only saw Chumphon. So now I have to change my booking. Your suggestion makes much more sense for the last day

Thanks

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Tao to Bangkok with Nok Air and Lomprayah via Chumphon

I think you'll find I didn't go off on a tangent at all. Your question was based on leaving Koh Tao at 9am and spending all day at Chumphon, this is your misunderstanding, as you don't go to Chumphon on this flight and ferry combo.

The early ferry and flight option from Koh Tao departs Nakorn Si Thammarat airport not Chumphon and goes via Koh Phangan.

If you go to the Nok Air website to the page where the flight options are listed to Koh Tao and hover the mouse over the ferry icon it gives a full description of the route.

If you are booking the flights and ferry separate, and solely looking at Bangkok to Chumphon then yes 6pm is the flight for the day.

All this information is on the Nok Air website.

5. Re: Koh Tao to Bangkok with Nok Air and Lomprayah via Chumphon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 06:18