We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pinnacle or Charm Churee for best snorkeling?

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
163 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Pinnacle or Charm Churee for best snorkeling?

We are a family with kids who like to play on the beach and snorkel off the beach. I've read good reviews for both Pinnacle and Churee- which offers the best off the beach snorkeling?

Mildura, Australia
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pinnacle or Charm Churee for best snorkeling?

I can only comment on Charm Churee - stayed there about 18 months ago and loved it. We had a teen with us who had a ball snorkelling off the beach but if you have younger kids I am not sure that this is the place for you. It is very steep with lots of steps to the beach and restaurant etc and the beach is not sand - like shell grit. It didn't bother us but we did have to wear flip flops to the waters edge as it is quite hard to walk on (and we have tough Aussie feet LOL).

I have looked at Pinnacle and it looks lovely too but the beach is pretty tiny and none of the reviews or hotel site really promote the beach side of things so I'm wondering if it is similar. It looks as though it could be quite rocky.

The remoteness of Pinnacle would also bother me but it might not you. There looks to be nothing outside of the resort close by to eat etc. At Charm Churee it is a short walk to Mae Head which has plenty of places to eat.

We didn't get to see a lot of Koh Tao as we were only there 3 days and wanted to spend most of it just relaxing at Charm Churee but we did walk to Mae Head a few times and walked through Sensi Paradise which looked lovely and it is on flat ground and the beach was good too. Might be worth a look for you.

I probably didn't help much LOL but I hope the above gives you something to think about. Happy to answer any other questions if I can.

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
163 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pinnacle or Charm Churee for best snorkeling?

Thanks, this is helpful, hadn't thought about whether the beach had rocks or sand!

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pinnacle or Charm Churee for best snorkeling?

Hi

Agree JustAllie with a younger child Sensi Paradise is probably a better location. The snorkeling is good, nice beach, flat location and you also have a much shorter distance to travel if you want restaurants and shops.

4. Re: Pinnacle or Charm Churee for best snorkeling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 05:18