We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2nd class train with fan (non AC berth) in July

London
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
2nd class train with fan (non AC berth) in July

Folks,

We are going to travel from BKK to Koh Tao by No.85 training in late-July. Unfortunately all air-coned sleepers were sold out, we only managed to get 2 berths in 2nd class fan only.

It will be an overnight train c.11hrs - will this be too much without AC?? Will it be possible to pay for an upgrade when on board?

Thanks a lot!!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,316 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2nd class train with fan (non AC berth) in July

Hi,

I don't think you will be able to get an upgrade on the day. A 2nd class berth with a fan has always suited us. Indeed, people I have spoken to who have travelled 1st class have found the AC too cold !

London
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2nd class train with fan (non AC berth) in July

Hi Andy thanks for your quick help. Can I ask when did you take the train? Are you allowed to open the windows? We are going to travel in a v warm weather in late July, so we worried we would be cooked live without the AC.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,316 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2nd class train with fan (non AC berth) in July

Hi,

We took the train in August last year, it was hot but not unbearably so. I am pretty sure that you can't open the windows and even if you could it may attract a lot of insects.

London
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2nd class train with fan (non AC berth) in July

Can't open the window - oh NO!!!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,316 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2nd class train with fan (non AC berth) in July

Hi,

Maybe I got it wrong and the windows do open. The link below provides lots of useful info:

http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#Southern Thailand

6. Re: 2nd class train with fan (non AC berth) in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Koh Tao