We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended dive centre to do OW and AOW

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Recommended dive centre to do OW and AOW

Hi,

We are serious about learning how to dive but kinda worried about the ratio of instructers and students, given that we will be there during the peak season. Wondering if anyone has a thought or two about which dive centres we should go for.

Dive Masters

Big Blue

Ban's Dive resort

Any recommendation?

Thanks!

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended dive centre to do OW and AOW

Hi

Out of the one's you've listed Master Diver's is the one I'd suggest. We also had a very good experience with Roctopus Dive on our last visit.

Never used Ban's and had a very off putting experience with Big Blue.

I'd also suggest emailing a few of the shops and asking them your questions directly.

I'm sure you'll love it, safe and happy travels.

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended dive centre to do OW and AOW

My favourite is Master Divers, small groups and nice feel.

I like also Buddha View and New Heaven in Chalok Baan Kao.

Ban's is too crowded in my opinion.

Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended dive centre to do OW and AOW

We used easy divers last week and thought they were excellent! Small groups with really good instructors.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
40 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended dive centre to do OW and AOW

I did my OW and a couple of advanced dives with Buddha View last year and found them really good. Nice instructors and small enough groups. I remember looking at a Ban's boat while we were out one day and thinking how long it must take to test every skill since the groups seemed to be really big.

5. Re: Recommended dive centre to do OW and AOW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 07:17