We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me choose a hotel in sairee beach

manchester
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
Please help me choose a hotel in sairee beach

We visited sairee beach in June this year and loved it, we stayed at palm leaf resort which was great, but we fancy a change.

I am hoping to stay nearer the centre...hopefully with a pool. I have seen the simple life but ideally want beachfront, any ideas most welcome , thanks in advance.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me choose a hotel in sairee beach

Hi

We enjoy Simple Life, but if you want beach front we also liked Sairee Hut in the deluxe room . I've not stayed myself but I have enjoyed a few cocktails at Sairee Cottage, the rooms look nice.

When is it your looking to return? Another person bitten by the Tao bug!!!

manchester
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me choose a hotel in sairee beach

Thanks lynds, you are very helpful, I will take a look at both hotels you mentioned. Yes I think I may have caught 'the tao bug' although I am not sure yet, if we do go it will be in July. I read about quite a lot of rain this year which is making me hesitate. If we do go I will twin with hua hin.

I was looking at reviews of wind beach resort . Have you seen it all? Thanks lynds.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me choose a hotel in sairee beach

Hi

Your welcome. Wind Beach is quite a budget conscious basic resort. If you know that when you book then it seems fine. July is going to be very different than June and it'll be a lot busier, more expensive and noisier too. The weather this year has seemed wetter than normal, but it's not normally that much wetter than June.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me choose a hotel in sairee beach

Thanks Linds I am glad I asked as it he newer part of the hotel looks quiet swish on the web, not sure if I lie the sound of busier, it was fairly busy in June, still not put off though lol , we did feel a tad 'old' in Koh tao, it's very young with all the dive schools and beach parties , where we stayed in palm leaf was mainly quiet couples and some families too so it was actually perfect for us, I just found the sea far too shallow so a pool would be perfect for us. Are you going there yourself this year lushlynds ?

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me choose a hotel in sairee beach

I'm not getting to Tao this year. I was there last year and will be going next May/June. I've been to Thailand in April just gone and we'll arrive again on 11th December :-)

I'll be honest in not having seen the newer part of Wind Beach in person, so my original opinion might be outdated. We're in our early 30's and I now find Sairee a bit too young. I'm hoping to have a good enough budget to stay at Sensi Paradise but if not we'll head to Chalok Baan Kao and or Tanote Bay next year depending on our money/timescales. We'll also be re-visiting Hua Hin.

Edited: 27 August 2013, 22:48
Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,730 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me choose a hotel in sairee beach

We were on Koh Tao from the middle to end of July this year and it was packed. As in, people were arriving and having to leave the same day because there wasn't any accommodation available! The weather was fine, a couple of cloudy days but mostly sunny and cloudy.

The Wind Beach new wing looked ok, BUT it's very close to the road though and I'd say that the noise from the nearby bars (like Choppers) would probably be able to be heard from the rooms. The bar at the front of Wind Beach is also quite noisy and full of 'youngsters'. Simple Life seemed quieter as it's built back from the road.

We are mid-30's and didn't feel too old in Sairee, we are planning to take my parents there late 50's) for their holiday in March.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help me choose a hotel in sairee beach

The new part of windbeach does look quite swish. So I won't rule it out. I am 50 and although some of theneach bars were noisy , we still managed to find some lovely quieter spots and had a fab time. The sensi paradise looks great but not sure how location would be for restaurants etc...where are you going on 11 th December ? I wish I could go then as I would love to go back to ko Chang. My husbands holidays dictate to us and next year it's July so stuck with gulf side again( not too big a problem lol) . This year we went hua hin, Koh tao, Koh phangan, Koh Samui , bangkok. It was fab, but I have been to bangkok 12 times and feel now I have probably overdone it, so from now on we will probably just stay for 1 night before home ..

Edited: 28 August 2013, 08:42
Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help me choose a hotel in sairee beach

Hi

We're going to spend 10 days between Chiang Mai and Rai then to Khao Lak for Christmas on the beach. I feel a similar way about Bangkok, but I'm not a big city fan so we don't spend more than one day/night there anymore either. Now Emirates fly from Phuket when we visit the Andaman coast we only transit through BKK on our way to Chiang Mai.

Sensi is a great place and well located for some real peace and quiet. It's about 7 minutes walk to Mae Head which has lots of bars, restaurants and shops and not as party hard as Sairee in peak times. I think it's one of the best spots on the west side of Tao.

We're very fortunate not being restricted with when we can go on holiday, as long as my hubby's work allows them. Next year though we'll be refreshing our memories of the Gulf coast!

When in July are you going?

manchester
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help me choose a hotel in sairee beach

IF we do go it will be the beginning of July and we will probably visit Siem reap and hua hin too. Your holiday sounds great . I reelly like CM although its many years since I were there. I could have had Xmas off work but I wanted to spend this Xmas with my grandson who is 4 and at that magical age. We had last Xmas in Goa and will spend Xmas 2014 in Goa too. ...

I have some other places in mind for summer 14 but Koh tao is still in the running ;)

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help me choose a hotel in sairee beach

I love CM, we're planning on living there for a while within the next couple of years.

Well good luck with your planning. I really enjoyed siem Reap and was thinking of throwing that in next years mix too. Ah the decisions we have to make!!! ;-)

Get answers to your questions about Koh Tao