We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Tao New Years Eve

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Koh Tao New Years Eve

Hi,

I'm going to Thailand for the first time in December with 2 friends, we're planning to go to Koh Tao for New Years Eve but just wondered if anyone had recommendations of things to do & the best places to stay?

We're all late-20's, we want something fun & lively but not too mental. Basically we would like to have fun NYE celebrations but also be able to chill out on a nice beach. Any suggestions of things to do & places to stay would be welcome.

Thanks for your help!

Curitiba, Parana...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Tao New Years Eve

I`m going with a friend as well. We`ll be arriving on december, 30th and leaving to Ko Samui on january, 1st. We`ll be staying in Sairee Beach and couldn`t find any information about new year`s party either. Hope someone has some tips to give us! Cheers!

Shrewsbury
Level Contributor
783 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Tao New Years Eve

Hi, we stayed on Koh Tao for NYE in 2004 so it was a while ago now but we stayed on sairee beech and had dinner on the beach then afterwards all the bars along the beach have one big party so the beach is just one big party, it was excellent, I can only imagine it's bigger and better now! I think sairee beach is where all the action is so try and stay there then just head to the beach to see in the new year. Have fun!

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,374 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Tao New Years Eve

Book now before it's too late!

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Tao New Years Eve

Thanks for your help! Will look for accommodation around sairee beach and take it from there, can't wait!

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Tao New Years Eve

Joana, a friend suggested this to me - http://theexperience-kohtao.com/index.html it looks like a 4 day festival so may be more than you're looking for but just an idea!

Curitiba, Parana...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Koh Tao New Years Eve

Hi, Kathryn! I had already readen about that festival, but we were looking for something around Sairee, so that we would stay close to the hotel and could be able to enjoy the next morning on the beach, before leaving to Samui! But thanks a lot for the suggestion! ;)

7. Re: Koh Tao New Years Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:18