We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surat Thani to Ko Tao

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Guildford, England...
1 post
Save Topic
Surat Thani to Ko Tao

I am travelling in October with my sister and we only have very limited time in Thailand so really want to make the most of it. We land in Surat Thani on the 23rd November and leave on the 1st of December. In this time we want to work our way from Ko Tao to Ko Pha Ngan then onto Ko Samui where we depart early on the 1st.

We therefore want to know if there is a direct ferry from Surat Thani pier to Ko Tao and a rough price that we can expect to pay for this.

Any tips or advice would be great

Thanks in advance

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,423 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surat Thani to Ko Tao

Hi,

Check www.lomprayah.com

I believe there are two departures daily from Don Sak pier at 10.10 (arrive 14.15) and 16.00 (arrive 18.45).

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,953 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surat Thani to Ko Tao

You'd be better off flying into Chumphon with Nok Air and getting the ferry to Koh Tao first, otherwise you are doubling back on yourself by going to Surat Thani and then having a long ferry ride to Koh Tao.

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,530 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surat Thani to Ko Tao

Agree with cassnu, to reach Koh Tao is better flying into Chumpon.

However late november it's not a good time to enjoy these islands, there is monsoon season.

4. Re: Surat Thani to Ko Tao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:18