We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon/Night ferry to Koh Tao? (From Samui)

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon/Night ferry to Koh Tao? (From Samui)

Hi there

I'm currently planning a trip to Koh Tao and I bought an afternoon flight to Koh Samui, arriving at the airport at 16:30. Browsing ferry and speed boat options I couldn't find anything that late. Is there any chance I can get to Koh Tao on that same day?? I really wanted to avoid wasting a night in Samui. Please help!

Thanks

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon/Night ferry to Koh Tao? (From Samui)

Hi

Welcome to the Koh Tao forum.

There's a 5pm Lomprayah ferry that leaves from Nathon pier on Koh Samui. Your arrival time is probably too late to catch this and as you can't book this service in advance, yet, you will only really find out once you ask at the Lomprayah desk at the airport.

In all honesty I doubt you will make it but there has been some mention recently that the ferry has been arriving on Tao quite late which suggests they may be leaving later too but that is not a certainty.

I know this doesn't directly answer your question but if I were you I'd assume I can't make the last ferry and plan accordingly.

Could you change your flight to a slightly earlier one without too much of a penalty?

Safe and happy travels

Edited: 21 October 2013, 12:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon/Night ferry to Koh Tao? (From Samui)

I see, in that case I'll try to change my ticket first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the info!

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon/Night ferry to Koh Tao? (From Samui)

No problem and good luck!

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon/Night ferry to Koh Tao? (From Samui)

If you cannot change the flight an overnight in Samui it's not a bad thing! Stay in central Chaweng, so you're in the middle of all...restaurants, bar, shopping, all that you need.

Enjoy your trip

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,392 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Afternoon/Night ferry to Koh Tao? (From Samui)

Not really a wasted night, just book a room somewhere in Maenam and hang out with the locals.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Afternoon/Night ferry to Koh Tao? (From Samui)

Thanks y'all. I'm still trying to change my ticket, let's see how it goes.

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Afternoon/Night ferry to Koh Tao? (From Samui)

Hi

If you're flying with Bangkok airways I found them to be very generous with changing the flight. Often I turn up early than my booked flight they just moved me up to the early one without penalty.

Good luck

London
Level Contributor
461 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Afternoon/Night ferry to Koh Tao? (From Samui)

A night spent in Samui is never wasted! If you like Daft Punk book a room at the Ark bar in Chaweng. Chill out on the beach loungers listening to funky house. Head to Sound Club later.

9. Re: Afternoon/Night ferry to Koh Tao? (From Samui)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 05:18