We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas on koh Tao

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas on koh Tao

Hi,

First time in Thailand, me and my girlfriend will be heading to koh Tao on Christmas Eve for 4 days. Where is best to stay - what areas and any hotel suggestions. We are 26 and on a tightish budget £30ish per night.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas on koh Tao

Hi

welcome to the forum

What is it you're looking for from your holiday? The area depends on if you want it busy, quiet or remote. Christmas will be very busy on the island and prices at their highest. What kind of accommodation do you want? Air con, pool, beachfront, hotel or bungalow?

I'd suggest booking accommodation and transport as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.

There's an FAQ on the right of the page that runs through the areas around the island to help give you some ideas.

Safe and happy travels

Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas on koh Tao

Thanks, I will check that out. We have our transport to koh samui booked and will book the ferry ASAP.

In terms of accom a bungalow would be ideal preferably with ac close to a beach. Something quite busy and fun id guess. We will be over on the other west coast for 5 days before hand so will get the relaxed / remote experience there hopefully

Koh Tao, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas on koh Tao

Agree with lushlynds2506 you will need to book something for those days as it is peak season here on Koh Tao. For your budget you should be able to find something with AC near the beach, as this type of accommodation starts from about 25 pounds a night for the room.

If you are looking for somewhere busy then Sairee Beach might appeal as it is very close to bars and restaurants. Pick somewhere slightly out of the village itself and you should find things a little bit quieter but it's still only a few minutes walk to all the action. Another option would be Chalok on the south of the island. There are still plenty of bars and restaurants but it's a bit more laid back than Sairee.

Happy travels!

4. Re: Christmas on koh Tao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2014, 06:19