We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ending my trip in koh Tao

Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ending my trip in koh Tao

I plan on ending my tour of Thailand in koh Tao for 7-10 days. I got told last night that's the place to to really relax and the reviews and photos look amazing. What's the best way to get there? I'm in pattaya now, am I better off going to Bangkok then bus to......... Any advice would help a lot.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ending my trip in koh Tao

Hi

Yes your best bet is going back to Bangkok. From there you have a number of options, bus, train and plane. If you take a look at the FAQ at the top right of the page How to get to/from Koh Tao it gives a comprehensive list of options.

Here's the link in case you're accessing the site from a smart phone

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g303910-c175571/Koh…

Safe and happy travels

Koh Tao, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ending my trip in koh Tao

Hi Stephen,

Yes, as Lynds suggests, plenty of options. Either the night train or bus from BKK to Chumphon and then the morning Lomprayah service to Koh Tao is normally what we recommend to our customers. The flashpacker alternative is to fly to Samui with Bangkok Airways and ferry transfer to Koh Tao from there.

Not sure when you are travelling, but as we are coming into peak season now, I'd recommend booking in advance to avoid any upsets to your schedule.

Safe travels :)

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ending my trip in koh Tao

Lomprayah from Bangkok to Koh Tao

dep Bangkok 0600 and on Koh Tao at 14.45 THB 1050 or there is an overnight service

http://www.lomprayah.com/e/route.htm

4. Re: Ending my trip in koh Tao

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Koh Tao