We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy Divers Koh Tao

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Easy Divers Koh Tao

Helllo there.

My partner and I are coming to Thailand on 10th Dec to 3rd Jan.

We are travelling around taking in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Koh Samui and Koh Tao.

When on Koh Tao I am looking to do my PADI Open Water course.

The price is showing for this 3 day course as 8350 THB.

Does anybody know if this is inclusive of all learning materials, exam etc ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have messaged them just awaiting a response.

Also I am assuming (assumptions have gone wrong for me in the past) that between 20th Dec to New Year that businesses will be open as normal due to Thailand being a none Christian country. Is this right ? As we got to Koh Tao around the 24th Dec.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy Divers Koh Tao

Hi

I'd wait to get a reply from them directly to confirm, however, in the past with Padi courses you also had to buy a manual. That wasn't the case with SSI. You may also need extra insurance etc.

As far as Christmas etc is concerned there's a whole heap of expats on Koh Tao so some places may have reduced hours but you shouldn't have any issues.

Safe and happy travels

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy Divers Koh Tao

Thanks for the speedy response.

Much appreciated.

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy Divers Koh Tao

Agree with Lynds, normally the prices shown on the websites are included of equipment and lessons (exams as well) but yoy have to pay the Padi book, usually cost 800 bht.

Enjoy Koh Tao

Koh Tao, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy Divers Koh Tao

Hi Adam,

Dive shops opening hours over the christmas period vary. Many close for christmas day, as despite the fact it is not a traditional Thai holiday, the majority of staff here on the island are western and therefore wish to have the day off to celebrate. Many also close New Years day. It does vary from dive shop to dive shop though, some will remain open, even on christmas and new year.

With regards to course costs, we'd assume that all your materials and equipment are included, although that does seem very cheap for a PADI certification so I'd wait to hear back from them directly.

Safe travels to Tao and happy diving :)

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy Divers Koh Tao

Thanks for all the help and advice guys.

Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easy Divers Koh Tao

We completed our advanced course in July this year with easy divers and everything needed was included in the fee and were given electronic copies of the PADI manual. I think this might be common practice now with most dive centres. They do have hard copies for you to borrow during the duration of your course so you can still study at night.

Some of the equipment was a bit tired but major concerns! Small groups with excellent instructors and I would highly recommend them.

Edited: 04 December 2013, 00:52
Level Contributor
15 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easy Divers Koh Tao

We completed our advanced course in July this year with easy divers and everything needed was included in the fee and we were given electronic copies of the PADI manual. I think this might be common practice now with most dive centres. They do have hard copies for you to borrow during the duration of your course so you can still study at night.

Some of the equipment was a bit tired but no major concerns! Small groups with excellent instructors and I would highly recommend them.

Edited: 04 December 2013, 00:54
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easy Divers Koh Tao

Thanks Healdo

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easy Divers Koh Tao

Thank you for sharing Healdo. I had heard PADI no longer required an actual hard copy manual to be purchased but never had it confirmed as I'm SSI it was never a concern.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Easy Divers Koh Tao

From what i read you can purchase the learning segments of the course in e-form. A few dive shops in Koh Tao I have spoken to aid that isn't necessary and you can borrow their books free of charge.

The e-learning is ideal for those who are happy to do the classroom work in their own time and just do the diving only with the dive company.