We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing question for Thai Islands

San Francisco...
2 posts
Save Topic
Timing question for Thai Islands

My friend and I are visiting Thailand and will be exploring the islands for about 10 days in early-mid June. My research tells me that the weather will be better on the eastern side (Gulf of Thailand) than in the west (Phuket, Krabi, etc.). We want to get scuba certified in Ko Tao. Is it enough for us to explore the islands in the gulf, or should we make it a priority to see Phuket, Ko Phi Phi, and the islands on that side?

We want to relax at some point, but we are usually pretty adventurous and like to see as much as possible.

London, United...
Level Contributor
13,965 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timing question for Thai Islands

You are right. In June the East Coast (Gulf) has the best weather. The West Coast (Andaman) will be in its rainy season.

I would stick to Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao.

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,586 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timing question for Thai Islands

June is a great time to visit Koh Tao, good weather and not crowded.

Koh Tao, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Timing question for Thai Islands

Agreed with Matti. June is lovely here, not so muggy and hot as earlier in the year. And fewer tourists too, meaning more beach space and less crowded dive sites during your stay 

4. Re: Timing question for Thai Islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2015, 05:21
Get answers to your questions about Koh Tao