We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Chumphon to SuratThani aiport

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Chumphon to SuratThani aiport

Hi!

We will be taking the ferry from Koh Tao to Chumphon at 10:15 and it arrives at 11:45.

I want to catch a nokair flight at 14:20 from Surat Thani airport, since I saw that the only flight from chumphon to Bangkok is at 7:00 in the morning, which would force us to leave the day before and sleep in Chumphon.

How can I get from the ferry pier in Chumphon to Surat Thani airport? how long does it take?

Alternatively, if I do decide to take the previous day ferry - what can I do from 14:30 the next day morning in Chumphon?

Thanks!

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Chumphon to SuratThani aiport

Hi

I don't think you have enough time to get from Chumphon to the airport in time for your flight. Why not catch the 6am ferry from Koh Tao to Surat Thani airport? It means you have a enough time to absorb any delays without too much stress.

Safe and happy travels

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Chumphon to SuratThani aiport

Hi!

Which ferry leaves at 6:00am? I didn't see one

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Chumphon to SuratThani aiport

Hi

If you go to the Lomprayah website, click the Ticket Booking tab second tab from the left and enter Koh Tao, wait for the arrival list to refresh then a long list of destinations comes up you can pick Surat Thani Airport from there and enter your dates and number of adults, 2 options come up departure of 09.30 and arriving at 15.30 and a 06.00 departure arriving at 10.45. The 6am ferry has been running for almost 2 years now, it goes via Koh Phangan and Koh Samui before reaching Surat Thani. Hope this helps

www.lomprayah.com/E/booking_buffet_1.aspx

Safe and happy travels

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Chumphon to SuratThani aiport

Thanks

Interesting it didn't say that on their schedule.

If it says that it reaches the airport at 10:45. There are flights at 11:00 and at 14:20

I believe that booking the 11:00 is too close - is there anything to do around the around for 3 hours?

Thanks!

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,530 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Chumphon to SuratThani aiport

As my knowledge there is nothing to do in 3 hours, only the Wat Suanmok but about 50 km from ST

6. Re: Getting from Chumphon to SuratThani aiport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:17