We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lomprayah ferry airport pickup query

Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Lomprayah ferry airport pickup query

I'm hoping someone can please help with this query. I'm flying into Koh Samui and then taking the Lomprayah ferry to Koh Tao on 7 August.

I booked the ferry online, with a request for airport to pier transfer. The order confirmation said that for pickup services at Koh Samui, you have to call to confirm "at Samui Pier" the day before.

Does anyone know whether the confirmation can be done by email?

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lomprayah ferry airport pickup query

Hi

I have never confirmed prior to arrival, but I rarely travel during peak season. Once at the airport go straight to the lomprayah desk and they should confirm everything there for you.

Safe and happy travels

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,757 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lomprayah ferry airport pickup query

We did the same thing in March and just e-mailed Lomprayah the day before to confirm our flight number and that we were still arriving then. There were no problems on arrival and the driver had us on his list.

Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lomprayah ferry airport pickup query

Thanks very much

Koh Tao, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lomprayah ferry airport pickup query

I do travel during peak times but I have never confirmed the day before; although I would not necessarily assume this will be fine at very busy times!

I've never had a problem with pick ups with Lomprayah before. Several times I've come from the mainland to Samui to then get picked up by Lomprayah to get to their pier for onward travel to Koh Tao, no confirmation and it's been fine.

5. Re: Lomprayah ferry airport pickup query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Koh Tao