We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any restaurants near Shark bay?

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frauenfeld...
1 post
Save Topic
Are there any restaurants near Shark bay?

Me and my Girlfriend will be staying at the Haad Tien resort in Koh tao in a few weeks. From the comments i read, it seemed that there aren`t any other restaurants near by, other than the hotel restaurant which was described to be expensive. Are there any other restaurants near by or is there some sort of taxi which could get as to a different restaurant and back again. Alltough i read that taxis are rather expensive too. How about walking?

Koh Tao, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are there any restaurants near Shark bay?

Hello & welcome to the forum :)

Haad Tien resort is fairly remote, so unless you are prepared to travel you are likely to be eating there a fair amount to be honest. You can walk or get a taxi from your hotel into Chalok village where there is a range of restaurants and bars. Haad Tien has a scheduled pick up and drop off service for Chalok, Mae Haad and Sairee Villages, so you will be able to get out and about and find other alternatives, although you'll be restricted to those set times unless you are prepared to pay for taxi's yourself (and they're not cheap here!).

We'd highly recommend trying Viewpoint resort restaurant, and also Lung Pai restaurant - both of these offer a free pick up and drop off service, and your hotel reception should be able to arrange for you. Both excellent restaurants with the added bonus of free transport at times that suit you.

Hope this helps, happy holidays :)

bangkok
Level Contributor
41 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are there any restaurants near Shark bay?

there is the best place to eat fresh fish at Eagle view ,one hundreds meters up your ressort.A family run restaurant where they serve only them catch .All the other restaurant at koh tao serve only fishes from the farm.

Edited: 11 August 2014, 04:39
Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are there any restaurants near Shark bay?

In Chalok Baan Kao I like so much Koh Tao resort for seafood bbq and New Heaven for international menù and the amazing view.

4. Re: Are there any restaurants near Shark bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 05:17