We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sarojin or Evason Hideaway Samui?

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sarojin or Evason Hideaway Samui?

Hoping someone can help...! We're in the process of booking our wedding and honeymoon - the plan being to spend one week in Langkawi at the Datai and one week in Thailand. We're totally undecided as to whether we should spend the second week at the Evason Hideaway Samui or the Sarojin in Khao Lak. Can anyone help us?! Our requirements are simple - a beautiful location, privacy / peace and quiet, excellent service, high quality and good food. Any thoughts would be hugely appreciated!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,136 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sarojin or Evason Hideaway Samui?

If you have a look at previous posts on this and the Khao Lak Forum, as well as it's own website, you will see that the Sarojin meets "Our requirements are simple - a beautiful location, privacy / peace and quiet, excellent service, high quality and good food."

Have a look at our photos from last April of the Sarojin and the beach there.

http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/3635293

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
284 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sarojin or Evason Hideaway Samui?

Have not stayed at the Evason Hideaway Samui, but did stay at the one in Hua Hin.

My opinion is that the Evason Hideaways are very special. The privacy is unsurpassed (really, our villa was almost 2800 SF if you counted all the completely private outdoor areas that the grounds contained). Service was continually provided with a smile and warm greating. The butler service was such a luxury and our butler was very kind. The hotel really went the extra mile to make our stay special. They even brought me a belated birthday cake, delivered to our room. They had bothered to see my birthdate on my passport...not by any one in our party making mention of it.

We spent much of our time loungin in our own pool and being with each other. Only seeing others and meeting up with our group when we wanted to. The Evason Resort had a large pool that we visited when we wanted a more lively environment. Otherwise, it was just the 2 of us lounging around, with cd's playing our favorite music. The ultimate in relaxation.

The Sarojin, we had breakfast at only. The staff and service there was very kind also, but we didn't get the impression that the facility measured up to the Evason Hideaway. The set up is more communal, like a hotel, rather than a village of private sanctuaries.

Enjoy! I'm not sure you can truly "go wrong" either way. It's more about what you are looking for.

3. Re: Sarojin or Evason Hideaway Samui?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 06:19