We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good restaurants in Phang Nga Province?

Lahti, Finland
Level Contributor
17 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Any good restaurants in Phang Nga Province?

Can anybody recommend any restaurant worth visiting in above mentioned area, as there are only few on tripadvisor website?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
25,952 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good restaurants in Phang Nga Province?

Phang Nga is a big area to cover, you need to be more specific and you might get better responses by posting in the Khao Lak forum.

Lahti, Finland
Level Contributor
17 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good restaurants in Phang Nga Province?

I will be staying in Aleenta Resort, so I am looking for restaurants in nearby villages, 10-15 kilometers from resort - Khok Kloi, Lo Yung, Tha Yu, Kalai, Na Toei, Thai Mueang, Mai Khao.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
41,737 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good restaurants in Phang Nga Province?

Will you have a hire car or are you relying on taxis/public transport?

You will find local eateries (not full service by any means) in both Khok Kloi and Thai Mueang and there are some nice restaurants on the highway in between.

I can highly recommend the Water Jade Restaurant which is not far from the beautiful and deserted Bor Dan Beach midway between Khuk Kloi and Thai Mueang - see http://www.water-jade.com/ It is signposted from the main highway.

There is a nice restaurant coming from Nathai Beach on the right hand side just before the Sarasin Bridge onto Phuket and some restaurants directly on the beach shortly afterwards. See Jamie's Blog for some m,ore ideas at …blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/walking-to-phuket-ov…

We also had lunch with a friend not far from the Aleenta at the Rubiang (Sp?) Lay on the road to the Hot Springs Resort probably no more than 2Km or so from there. It is between The Loft (the big multi-storey strange looking box house) and the Hot Springs Resort. They have a sign out on the road and it just looks like a simple house with a big terrace/patio. Right on the beach. Great location and food.

If you do have a hire car have a look at these self-drive trips I've compiled over the years. The ones south of Khao Lak include how to get to Water Jade tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297914-c167750/Kha…

Lahti, Finland
Level Contributor
17 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good restaurants in Phang Nga Province?

Thank you for your suggestions!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,737 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good restaurants in Phang Nga Province?

Please let us know if you try these or any more. It's an area not often reported on.

Lahti, Finland
Level Contributor
17 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good restaurants in Phang Nga Province?

ok

Lahti, Finland
Level Contributor
17 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good restaurants in Phang Nga Province?

So, my vacations are over and I can now share my thoughts.

One of the reasons I love to visit Thailand is their food. That is why I am only looking for typical Thai food, not any international nor fusion cuisine, which is unfortunately served in Aleenta. First time we ate there, we were so disappointed, that we decided to never go back there again. Their food was tasteless and had nothing in common with the original Thai food.

So we decided to ask taxi drivers for advice and one of them suggest Rabiang...Lay (which Arandora mentioned earlier) and since our first visit there, we didn't want to go anywhere else. The food was fantastic, waiters were nice (especially the owner lady), they spoke English, restaurant is on the beach, so you can enjoy beautiful sunsets, while having tasty dish accompanied by refreshing Thai beer and their prices are really reasonable. You can get there by taxi or just walking through the beach - it's about 1 hour walk from Aleenta to the north. More information about Rabiang...Lay is on their website -> http://www.rabiang-lay.com/. I highly recommend it!

Once we were also in one of the beach restaurants at Thep Krasattri just before the bridge, when you are going north from Phuket. There are more local guests, the food was far worse, flies were all over the place and the expression on waiter's face was like she was disgusted by our presence. Don't go there!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
41,737 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any good restaurants in Phang Nga Province?

Thanks fot reporting back and confirming Rabiang is still as good as we remember it.

kentucky
Level Contributor
5,837 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any good restaurants in Phang Nga Province?

Very excited to find this post from last year. Rabiang sounds exactly what I'm looking for to supplement our dinner needs while staying at Aleenta. Thanks for posting. (I will send thank you PM to Korneliusz)

10. Re: Any good restaurants in Phang Nga Province?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 07:18