We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opening hours of attractions

Which Phitsanulok hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malaysia
Level Contributor
583 posts
Save Topic
Opening hours of attractions

What are the opening hours/ days of Wat Phra Sri Rattana Mahathat and Sergeant-Major Dr Thawi-Pim Buranakhet's Folklore Museum?

Please advise.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Opening hours of attractions

dtanel, as you may be able to tell by the very small number of posts in this section that not many people travel to Phitsanulok and there doesn't appear to be a resident expert. I would suggest either referring to the source you used to find the folklore museum or assume it's something like 10-4. A Google search will also come up with some information about buses for your other questions.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
649 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opening hours of attractions

Old postings on Fodors.com and Travelfish.org suggest that the Folk Museum is open 0830-1630, every day but Monday. I wonder if the foundry might be open roughly similar hours (though varying by then-current work load?), but may be closed on Sundays rather than Mondays? Just a guess. Thai temples tend to be open from about sunrise to about sunset, daily.

Unfortunately, I did not take a photo of signs showing operating hours of those places.

Some reviews of the foundry claim that the place is a working factory, not really catering to visitors. And that a visit there might be boring. My experience is the opposite. On two visits - the first visit my family was given a very courteous and informative personal tour by a manager. On that visit they were at various stages of work on several pieces of varying size - one of them quite large. We then bought numerous small gifts in their shop (items which had the appropriate effect when given, but were easy to carry). But I also have suggested to local friends that if they were so inclined, a larger casting might be an appropriate gift to the temple of their choice. On a subsequent visit, I shied away from requesting another tour - as I didn't want to distract them from their work. On that second visit they weren't working on items as huge as on the first visit, but they weren't exactly idle.

I will update my previous reviews of the museum and foundry with some additional photos. Hopefully, they should appear in a few days.

3. Re: Opening hours of attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2016, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Phitsanulok
More Phitsanulok Topics