We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Satun immigration checkpoint

Which Satun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Satun immigration checkpoint

Hi,

Can some one tell me the office hours for satun immigration checkpoint? Is it open throughout the day? Any holidays?

Thanks in advance.

Almaty, Kazakhstan
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Satun immigration checkpoint

The same question. And where is it? In Hat Yai airport? Or Pak Bara?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Satun immigration checkpoint

hey, its at satun ferry itself......and it works till the last ferry arrives in satun.......

Almaty, Kazakhstan
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Satun immigration checkpoint

As per my searches, http://www.panoramio.com/photo/30657295

Its located on Malaysian border on the Wang Prachan ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wang_Prachan ) district of Satun province

Trang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1 post
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Satun immigration checkpoint

Hi there.

Anyone who is interested the immigration checkpoint is about 40km from satun town. Head towards hatyai for about 25km and then turn right to go to the border-wang prachan, Its signposted. I've been twice on a sunday and both sides of the border has many market stalls with a lot to look at.

Once you turn off the main road towards the border its a nice ride.

Edited: 20 February 2012, 03:01
Dehradun
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Satun immigration checkpoint

if you go from Langkawi to Satun by ferry. where is the immigration office and can you get visa on arrival at Satun if you are holding Indian Passport with a return ticket to India from Bangkok already purchased and evidence of hotel booking and sufficient funds being available.

Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Satun immigration checkpoint

Hi

I have a similar question. I'm South African and planning on traveling from Satun to Langkawi at the end of May. Before I board the boat, is there an emigration office there or do I have to go someplace else to get an exit visa stamp for Thailand.

Once I get to langkawi is there a immigration office that I need to go through like the way it is at an airport or do I need to find an immigration office ?

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Backpacker from the 011's

Kavi

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Satun immigration checkpoint

KT011

Sorry for very late reply...I just did it day before yesterday. When you enter Thailand you get a card of two folds stapled to your passport, one for entrance and one for departure. At the ferry in Satun, when you pay for your ticket, they will take your passport, and remove that departure card, maybe fill it for you. Then, just before you go to ferry, you will pass through immigration control, to stamp your departure from Thailand. When you arrive Malaysia, you will find again immigration office in the jetty, then customs, you will stamp entry and get your visa checked if you need any, then they will check your luggage for any prohibited items you shouldn't carry from Thailand. You need to make sure of what these items are, as you are prohibited to carry some fruits such as mango, fish, pets, weapons, etc... I had a souvenir samurai sword that was blunt, which I bought from Bangkok, and it got confiscated there :(

8. Re: Satun immigration checkpoint

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2016, 09:18