We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loi Krathong in Sukhothai and Yi Peng in Chiang Mai

Which Sukhothai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
5 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Loi Krathong in Sukhothai and Yi Peng in Chiang Mai

Helo fellow traveler

I would like to ask, if want to watch the Loi Krathong festival in Sukhothai and Yi Peng in Chiang Mai how to arrange? Since I found difficulty to find the exact date, i am worry that my schedule miss the best highlight of festival. If I assume that the Loi Krathong in 6 of November and Yi Peng Mae Jo release in 8 of November. Is it good bet? I would listen your opinion. Thank You

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loi Krathong in Sukhothai and Yi Peng in Chiang Mai

Hi

Your date for Loy krathong are pretty close. Loy krathong and Yee Peng are predict by lunar cycle. For yeepeng / khom Loy in Chaingmai best to check in Chiangmai forum. There are several thread regarding khom loy/Yee Peng already posted.

Florida - Alaska...
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai Province, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
5,049 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Loi Krathong in Sukhothai and Yi Peng in Chiang Mai

Yee Ping and Loi Krathong take place at the same time, during the full moon on 6 Nov 14.

The Mae Jo religious ceremony usually takes place the weekend before the full moon. The tourist version of the religious ceremony usually takes place the weekend after the full moon. However the dates for the Dharma sect's ceremonies in Mae Jo are never officially confirmed until a month or two before.

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
5 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loi Krathong in Sukhothai and Yi Peng in Chiang Mai

Thank you for the information...

Bandung, Indonesia
Level Contributor
5 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Loi Krathong in Sukhothai and Yi Peng in Chiang Mai

I think i wll attend the Sukhothai which is definite rather than stay for a long time not knowing when the Mae Jo release ceremony were taken place

5. Re: Loi Krathong in Sukhothai and Yi Peng in Chiang Mai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 06:16