We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motel near Northern Mo Chit bus station

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Motel near Northern Mo Chit bus station

Can anyone recommend a decent motel within walking distance of the bus station please?

17 replies to this topic
Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Motel near Northern Mo Chit bus station

I'm guessing you meant Mo Chit bus station in Bangkok, not Surin. There doesn't appear to be anything within reasonable walking distance of the bus station. The area around the station is not a touristy are at all, is there any particular reason you want to be so close to it?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motel near Northern Mo Chit bus station

Thanks, Yes Bangkok.

Just getting picked up there to travel to Surin.

Might stay in city and get taxi.

Any mid-range motel suggestions welcome.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
9,838 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motel near Northern Mo Chit bus station

I must be having a problem with idiomatic Australian English since I'm baffled about you asking for a motel when you plan to ride a taxi.

My dictionary defines a motel as a hotel with free parking. Do you really need parking for a car? That will drive the accommodation price up. There are plenty of nice hotels and guesthouses with rates at 800-1500 baht/night but they won't offer any parking space.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,777 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motel near Northern Mo Chit bus station

I was also wondering why the OP was very specific about it being a "motel." Not once but twice.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motel near Northern Mo Chit bus station

Sorry, in Australia, Hotels are pubs with accommodation. (Usually not as nice as motels). I should have put "accommodation")

No car, flying in from Sydney, need a place convenient to be at the Mo Chit bus station by 7.30am to be taken by private bus to Surin.

Don't want to get stuck in traffic and miss the bus. Would have preferred accommodation near the Bus station but apparently that is not possible.

Was hoping for any suggestions in Bangkok, closest to the bus depot as possible. No car space needed. Single traveller wanting secure, clean accommodation.

Edited: 18 August 2013, 07:07
Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Motel near Northern Mo Chit bus station

There are hotels closer to Mo Chit, but a short taxi ride away. Centara Ladprao isn't far away for example. I don't think getting from a more central hotel early morning would be too difficult though, you would be going the opposite way from the early morning traffic.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
17,777 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Motel near Northern Mo Chit bus station

Kharnmanee Palace: http://www.karnmanee.com/home.php

It's at Saphan Kwai, quite close to Mo Chit. Clean but a bit frayed at the edges, popular with Asian business people. Wonderful eateries in the neighbourhood.

Probably get it cheaper here: agoda.co.uk/asia/…karnmanee_palace_hotel.html

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,006 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Motel near Northern Mo Chit bus station

Hi

here is a link to show hotels near Mo Chit

farangfriendly.com/bangkok/phaya-thai/hotels…

I usually stay at New York Suites when I fly in late then have to catch an early bus

it is not fancy but cheap LOL kind of tacky there are lots of hotels in this area

this area is easy to get to from airport then short taxi ride to Mo Chit or short BTS to chatucak marget

plus lots of local shopping

Thailand
Level Contributor
17 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Motel near Northern Mo Chit bus station

You can find many hostels and hotels at Sapankwai area and also Pradipat road. It takes only 5-10 minutes to Mor chit by taxi and also by motorbike. You said you will get a private car at Morchit to Surin? Why dont you tell the driver to pick you up at the hotel?

Thailand
Level Contributor
17 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Motel near Northern Mo Chit bus station

There are many good hostels and hotels at the area called Sapankwai and Pradipat. It takes only 5-10minutes from this area to Morchit by car or motorbike.

Reply to: Motel near Northern Mo Chit bus station
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted