We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay in Bukhara?

ISLAMBAD PAKISTAN
Level Contributor
411 posts
641 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to stay in Bukhara?

Can someone please suggest the best area to stay in Bukhara for tourists? I want to be close to all the attractions, bazaars and eateries.

13 replies to this topic
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay in Bukhara?

Hi

i can recomend you Boutique Hotel Minzifa , it is beautiful hotel located in the center of old town and it 2 minute to walk to main street where you face to Lyabi-haus anssemble and everywhere is bazzars, many many shops around just keep bargening when you want something to buy. Minzifa is small hotel with 12 rooms with traditional Bukhara architecture, clean , good serves. If you prefer quite place it is right for you. go to website and look at rooms pictures: www.minzifa.com

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
131 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay in Bukhara?

Hi

Bukara isn't really that big but try to stay in "old town" or choose a hotel that is within a few minutes walk from the pool and square called Lyabi-Hauz.

cheers

York UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to stay in Bukhara?

Hi

We are hoping to go to Uz in May. I note that you recommend Avantours and wondered if you could tell me more please? I am just a bit concerned about the amount of land travel involved.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to stay in Bukhara?

I can also recommend the Minzifa in "old town". We stayed there in Sept. and it was our favorite hotel in Uzbekistan. We also thought the Cafe Minzifa which they also own (different location than the hotel) was the best restaurant of the three we ate at in Bukhara.

York UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best area to stay in Bukhara?

Thanks for your help- much appreciated.

Any advice on companies to use please? Advantours?

Thanks

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best area to stay in Bukhara?

See my previous post regarding Advantour here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293967-i9281-k587…

They do private tours such as ours but they also have group tour options. Our tour involved a lot of travel by road but that's the way we wanted it. As I said in the other post, we were very happy with our tour.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best area to stay in Bukhara?

Advantour is quite good tour agency , they have very good prices on tours. You can look Orexca - price little bit higher, Roxanatour is good. The most importent during the trip check what the hotels and transport they offer and of course tour guide. Take a look some hotel i recommend in Tashkent Siaram and Nur hotels, in Samarkand Malika Prime, in Bukhara Minzifa (www.minzifa.com) and Amulet , Komil hotel. In Khiva threre are Khivak , Malika Khiva. By the way you can do your tour by your self , of course if you have time. Contact hotel , make booking straight them and every hotel offer its transportation

All the best and have a nice trip.

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Level Contributor
14 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best area to stay in Bukhara?

The best are to stay in Bukhara is Laby Hauz , the center of the old town. There are all the hotels. Most popular one is Laby Hauz B&B, Amelia B&B, Minzifa B&B, Kabir B&B, Sasha and Son B&B. All of them are great and have very comfortable rooms and location close to all historical sites and shopping places. Enjoy your trip in Uzbekistan.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
112 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best area to stay in Bukhara?

I recommend Amulet hotel near Laby Hauz - check my review for this hotel in TA hotel review.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1,947 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best area to stay in Bukhara?

Definetly stay in the old town area. They have amazing shops in the bazaar including one crafting fine scissors and knives. Cannot remember where we stayed but smaller

Places are very popular

Reply to: Best area to stay in Bukhara?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bukhara