We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days needed for bukhara

Which Bukhara hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Days needed for bukhara

Hi, can anyone suggest whether 1 day is enough for Bukhara and we take next morning flight, or do we need 1.5 days and we take next evening flight?

Also, how much time for Samarkand?

8 replies to this topic
Tashkent
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days needed for bukhara

as for Samarkand one day is enough for quick tour, but for Bukhara it is better to stay longer than one day.

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Days needed for bukhara

Holy Bukhara has a lot of monuments and for 1 day you can see only the smallest part of them. For Samarkand 1 day is enough...

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days needed for bukhara

Hi there I went to both and spent two days in each of them which i found sufficient. They are both major cities and have loads of historical sights. Samarkand has the Registan which is half a day in itself. I would do the 1 1/2 days in Bukhara especially if you are not planning on going back anytime in the near future. One of the main attractions the arc was closed for restoration when i was there in september last year. If you like souvenirs do check out tashkent street in samarkand and the main square in Bukhara - both of these places have great things to buy and the pressure to buy is not intense at all.

have a great trip

angie

www.angietravels.com

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Days needed for bukhara

1.5 days could be enough, normally people take 3 days in bukhara; one day for sightseeing in old town , it can take the whole day. the other day they go to suburb summer palace of emir, bahoudin nakshband and chor bakir. and the last third day they spend for shops and relax at some tea house.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
111 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Days needed for bukhara

It depend on how would you like to visit each monuments. Some people visit the site briefly, take the pics and left and other may want more detail.

We visited Bukhara last July for 1.5 days, and not enough to apprecaite the beauty and history of the amazing monuments - and that was my second trip.

So, I will recommend 2 - 3 days in Bukahara; and 2 days for Samarkand.

I personaly love Bukhara more than Samarkand - most of the main atraction are withing walking distance.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
135 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Days needed for bukhara

Hi Edmund: Hopefully you have done the tour by now. May i know what is your opinion on the subject? i.e how many days is needed for Bukhara and Samarkand?

Thanks

Ithaca, NY
Level Contributor
43 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Days needed for bukhara

I spent 5 days Burkhara and 4 days in Samarkand and I could easily have spent longer in each place. It all depends on what you are looking for and what you want to get out of travel. If you want to hop from site to site seeing only the "major" attractions, that's one thing. For some, its enough. As a photographer of people, I prefer a slower pace and more personal interactions with the people. I often revisit sites on different days while I am there. I find it far more rewarding to stay longer and some would say "see less"; but I think I see a lot more this way. OK, I now get off my soap box. Feel free to throw rotten tomatoes.

Ithaca, NY
Level Contributor
43 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Days needed for bukhara

So, just wondering, how many days does it take to see Hong Kong, or China for that matter?

Reply to: Days needed for bukhara
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bukhara