We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floating markets. Are the early morning ones much better?

Which Can Tho hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Floating markets. Are the early morning ones much better?

I have had comments that the day markets are just as good as the ones in the early morning floating markets!

Is there any truth in that matter?

Being on a short time frame in HCM - we dont want to do both!

And perhaps just do a day trip rather than an overnight stay

Its just that I think I would also lie to have time absorbing HCM

I am very dviided as to what to do

And I appreciate any comments,

Many thanks

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Floating markets. Are the early morning ones much better?

Dear atheniancat

Cai Be floating market is 100 kms from HCMC. It takes you 2 hours to reach from your hotel in HCMC. The earlier you arrive, the more activity you will see .For day trip, you will visit Cai Be with an early departure at 06:00 am or 06:30 am

Cai Rang floating market in Can Tho is 175 kms from HCMC, it takes you 3.5 hours or 4 hours to reach there. Therefore, you will have to stay overnight in CAN THO on the first day with a short visit at CAI BE ( floating market, Phu Chau pagoda, mainland market, sampan ride along beautiful canal, lunch at the local house) and the next day you will wake up at 05:30 am, take a boat trip at 05:30 am to visit CAI RANG early floating market around 6 am. You will visit LE BINH mainland rat & fish market on the way back to your hotel for breakfast

Kim Tho hotel is highly recommended only 45 USD for superior room and 75 USD for deluxe double bed room and 85 USD for deluxe trip room

Restaurants: Nam Bo, Sao Hom ( French & Vietnamese food) , Hop Pho and Thanh VAN best pork BBQ, Oanh Noodle ( local food) or BBQ restaurant at the night market close to Sao Hom restaurant

Cafe : visit Ninh Kieu hotel for local riverside coffee

JASON SSS

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,325 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Floating markets. Are the early morning ones much better?

It's far better to spend the night in Can Tho - all floating markets start very early, besides, I doubt if you really want to spend most of the day on a minibus.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Floating markets. Are the early morning ones much better?

I would do as daawgon says and spend the night, they're too far from HCMC for a day trip.

Saigon
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Floating markets. Are the early morning ones much better?

I stayed at Can Tho and leave hotel at 5:00 for Phong Dien floating market. Unforgettable trip

Cheers

5. Re: Floating markets. Are the early morning ones much better?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 05:18