We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mekong delta - Cai Be & Ben Tre 1 day tour???

Which Can Tho hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ko Samui, Thailand
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mekong delta - Cai Be & Ben Tre 1 day tour???

Hey everyone,

We are looking at doing a one day tour of the Mekong but most of the tours stop at My Tho which is not recommended and apparently not worth the stop.

It seems the only ones I can find with both the Floating Markets ( Cai Be ) and Ben Tre are 2 day 1 night tours. I have been told to check out come and go - www.comeandgovietnam.com as they do private tours and a bit more off the beaten track.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mekong delta - Cai Be & Ben Tre 1 day tour???

Cai Be floating market isn't the one to visit - you want to go to Cai Rang which is in Can Tho and thus needs an overnight stay the night before. It's well worth visiting if you can spare 2 days. Otherwise, just stick to a 1-day Ben Tre tour and give My Tho a miss (though Vinh Trang pagoda is worth half an hour on the way back to HCMC).

2. Re: Mekong delta - Cai Be & Ben Tre 1 day tour???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2012, 11:27
Saigon
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mekong delta - Cai Be & Ben Tre 1 day tour???

"If you want to book this tour, you send me a message please"

.....................................................................................................................

against the rules!!

By the way You can do both places as scenery is different and should go to Caibe floating market first then head down to Ben Tre for lunch and boat trip. Ben Tre is very beautiful countryside with huge coconut plantations.

or you can stick with Ben Tre as C&G suggested

Cheers

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
291 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mekong delta - Cai Be & Ben Tre 1 day tour???

Husband and I just did the Ben Tre day tour with C&G. We only had one day, and this tour was perfect for us, as we didn't waste any time in My Tho or any other tourist traps. We got to see brick making, rice paper, rice noodle, catfish farm. Our boat took us by surprise, it was beautiful! And lunch was super delicious. I feel like we really got to see the life on the Mekong, in just 8 hours. The program was obviously very well thought out.

And Vinh Trang pagoda was absolutely beautiful. Definitely worth a stop.

california
Level Contributor
791 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mekong delta - Cai Be & Ben Tre 1 day tour???

Hello.

Just came back from Mekong Delta cruise and loved it. We are still in Vietnam and flying back to CA today. We did the 2D and 1 night in Cantho to see the largest floating market in Cai Rang. This is the one to visit. We also went to My Tho and Ben Tre, visitede some villages and include bicycle ride. I booked with Tonkin travel and contacted Mrs Nhung....very pleased with her service and tour guides, transportation provided.

6. Re: Mekong delta - Cai Be & Ben Tre 1 day tour???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2013, 09:19