We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

homestays

Which Can Tho hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rhondda, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
homestays

hi,we have booked 2 nights in a hotel in can tho and have 1 night without accomadation,i have been looking at doing a homestay for the 1 night,any recomendations please and contact details,

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: homestays

I can't give you contact details for any but when you get to Can Tho it is likely you will be followed in to the Hotel Lobby by a local guide - you can purchase a Homestay from them and they are usually ok to deal with. Or you can just go to a travel desk in Saigon and purchase from them.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: homestays

We are interested in this too.Approximately how much would it be to hire a local guide for the day?

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: homestays

Prices can vary a lot. About 4 years ago we paid $120 each for a boat trip from Can Tho to Anh Binh Island, two nights accom in Homestays, dinners and breakfasts, and transfer back to Saigon. It would be more expensive now.

This year we paid $30 for a half day boat trip to the Cai Be floating Market.

So maybe $60 for a day trip? Something like that. You don't have to go looking for the tour guides in Can Tho, they will find you!

Rhondda, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: homestays

thanks for info but really need cantact info as like to get everything sorted before we go as not staying in siagon.

Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: homestays

Ok maybe google a travel agent then - Come and Go Vietnam apparently are good.

Chau Doc, Vietnam
Level Contributor
67 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: homestays

if you can contact with Mr HƯNG, homstay in cần thơ,if you would i can give you his mobile phone. Nice homestay..

Vancouver
Level Contributor
705 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: homestays

I can 2nd a reccomendation to stay Hung's homestay. Super nice man and he takes you on an awesome tour of the floating markets, right up close for an amazing price.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: homestays

I have spoken to Hung homestay and we are going there in late July. I have heard great reports and we are really looking forward to this part of the trip after seeing the rest of Vietnam.Sounds very authentic and extremely cheap. If you google it you should come up with a contact.

Good luck,

Mark

Rhondda, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: homestays

hi mark got hold of hung and we have booked with him,also really looking forward to this part of our travels,thanks to all for info.

Chau Doc, Vietnam
Level Contributor
67 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: homestays

Mr hưng ,homestay, nice place.