We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BeitBridge S.Africa

Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
BeitBridge S.Africa

Hi

how difficult is to pass the boarder point?how long have to wait normally

7 replies to this topic
Victoria Falls...
Destination Expert
for Victoria Falls
Level Contributor
873 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BeitBridge S.Africa

Beitbridge is a nightmare border post and avoid it at all costs, delays of 6 hours plus are common. It is the main thoroughfare between SA and Zimbabwe so there is huge traffic especially from the buses and coaches. Going north is worse than going south.

Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: BeitBridge S.Africa

Thanks for u r reply

very helpfull

Victoria Falls...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BeitBridge S.Africa

I came through Beit Bridge border from South Africa on the 2nd of this month, on arrival at SA customs a long snaking queue wound out of the customs building and down to the car park. My first reaction was to turn around and go via Botswana, however stuck it out. An SA customs official came out and organised a proper line, queue jumpers were turned back. 45min later we were at the Zim side, we everything was orderly despite a line going to the car park. 60min after we were through. It seems that the bulk of traffic which are cross border traders have their own queue. 1H45min was not bad. TIP ignore the touts that promise to fast track you, they are cons and will rip you off. I spoke to a number of officials and local traders and they said month end worst time to go through the border, best time is from 5-25th of month.

Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: BeitBridge S.Africa

thanks john v helpful

Victoria Falls...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: BeitBridge S.Africa

i have been to this border several times its bad news, yes we want you to come to Zim but it is unfortunate to say this, south African side is a disaster always, go at your own risk as we speak my clients where delayed and they could not do as per the planned trip because of this delay, so my advise is don't use this border you will be disappointed big time

Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: BeitBridge S.Africa

Thanks Joseph

Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: BeitBridge S.Africa

we passed border line at beitbridge and I fully agreed with john n it was messy