We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Mitzpe Ramon

Which Mitspe Ramon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
182 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging in Mitzpe Ramon

I am still looking for a place for my family to stay while touring this area for a 2 nights. From what I see, there are a lot of farm related places which are very rustic, and not quite what I am looking for. I looked into Isrotel Ramon Inn but its too expensive since I need 2 rooms. Is there anything in between the high end hotels and farm cabins?

Thank you

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,681 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging in Mitzpe Ramon

On your other tread Adam suggested Hamburg House in Midreshet Sde Boker. It is a basic place, airconditioned, clean with gorgeous views of the desert. I stayed there about a year ago and loved it. There is a restaurant but we came late from touring and had something light in our room. Another option is the youth hostel in Mizpe Ramon where you can get a family room. In these 2 places breakfast is included in the price.

Edited: 01 February 2011, 22:01
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
730 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging in Mitzpe Ramon

Look at http://www.baitbamidbar.com/default_en.html

We stayed there 2 years ago. This was my review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293977-i1733-k282…

"It was quite hard for us to find, since it was indistinct from the houses around it. The house itself was good, on a town street. Parking was on the street.

The room was very nice. New, clean, attractive, with a great view of the mountains out the back. It had a small attractive bathroom. The breakfast served out back was enough for 4 people, and excellent. The owner was most friendly and accommodating. Well recommended."

NJ
Level Contributor
182 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging in Mitzpe Ramon

I contacted Baitmidbar, and they do not accept children, and the Hamburg house is book for the nights I need. Now, I am considering the Mitzpe Ramon Guesthouse or Midreshet Sde Boker hostel (guesthouse is booked)

Any thoughts?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,076 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging in Mitzpe Ramon

There are two hostels in Mitzpeh Ramon, one is the guest the guest house and the other the Ramon Hostel. There is also a field school there. All three are reasonabily prices, are comfortable, clean and allow children and of course are located right on the edge of the makhtesh (crater) you are visiting.

Chana

Israel

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,681 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging in Mitzpe Ramon

Hi Chana - do you have links to these places you suggest?

6. Re: Lodging in Mitzpe Ramon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2013, 09:19