We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for cave of rashbi

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
125 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
looking for cave of rashbi

i am looking for some info on the cave that rasbi and his son hid in for 13 years, is. how far from tzfas? thanks

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,926 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for cave of rashbi

The Rashbi's cave is in Pekiiin which is a Druze village about 40 minutes from Zfat in the Upper Galilee. You need a car to get there as there is no regular public transportation.

Chana

Israel

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
125 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for cave of rashbi

thanks i will hve a car. is it a safe trip?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,926 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for cave of rashbi

Yes of course. You must bring a map and check the route before embarking so you won't get lost. Inside the village you will need to follow the signs which if I'm not mistaken are only in Hebrew. The village is very friendly and people will help if you get lost. There are no street signs and the village is not mapped out by GPS's. You should park your car on the top road and walk down the steps to the cave, and then down to the spring and if you have time to the soap maker Savta Jamila, an icon in town.

Chana

Israel

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,660 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for cave of rashbi

Yes, it is a safe trip - many people go there every day.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for cave of rashbi

The is a sign on right side of road #864 after climbing from Pekiin center (Jamila's place) to the Cave. (locals will help you). You just have to go down some stairs and you reach it. I suggest to add a visit to the old synagogue of Pekiin (not far away) and hear the Jewish story by Zenati family beitzinati@gmail.com Tel:972-(0)50- 7713357 the website is only Hebrew: http://pekiin.org.il/content/english

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for cave of rashbi

I was just there. its a druze villiage, i met a druze there who "bragged to us about his children serving in the paratroopers etc....

there are fresh "boxer" by the cave.

the shul was open when I was there, a bit disapointing cuz they do not point out which stone was from bayis sheni..... interesting to see though.

we parked here https://maps.google.com/maps…

i could send you apicture of a map,? email me

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,338 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for cave of rashbi

Bob it is great that you want to help but the OP has already returned from Israel. How about sticking around and answering current questions. I also do not understand why you put the word bragged in quotes. There is every reason for any parent, to be proud do their child's army service.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
15 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for cave of rashbi

rdglady of course, I agree 100%..... i meant to write a quote from him directly, and I guess I didnt do my proofreading.... g-d forbid to think otherwise.

sweet guy, he was right next to the well in the middle of pkein.. Showed us a bunch of spots on the N20 shekel bill i think that were taken from pkein......

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,926 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: looking for cave of rashbi

Just for the informatiom the Second Temple period stone is standing on the left pillaster in the middle of the synagogue.

Chana

Israel

Edited: 18 December 2013, 05:09
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: looking for cave of rashbi

Chana

Thanks so much

By any chance do u have a picture? Can u descrube whats on ut?