We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
255 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

Hello. My husband, adult daughter and will arrive in Mitspe Ramon on Monday afternoon, January 6. We would like a guide to take us on a jeep tour on Tuesday or Wednesday. Suggestions for a private guide would be welcome.

Also, ideas on what else to "not miss". We plan to leave Thursday to spend a few days in Eilat.

Thanks!

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,806 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

Adam Sela is recommended very often on this forum for jeep tours in the Negev:

http://www.adamsela.com/

Ask about his outdoor barbecues !

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

On your way to Mitzpe Ramon you can stop at Sde Boker and visit the home and burial ground of Israel's first Prime Minister, David Ben Gurion. Hike (easy) Ein Avdat national park, and visit Avdat the nabatean city.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
255 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

Thanks-- we plan to do just that. We arrive into Ben Gurion early Monday morning. We plan to pick up our rental car (suggestions on which one are welcome... Hertz? Eldan? another?)... and head down Mitzpe Ramon, stopping at Sde Boker and (hopefully) Ein Avdat on the way on the way.

Your advice re: driving times would be greatly appreciated.

We have been to Israel several times before and have already toured Masada and the Dead Sea).

I heard back from Adam's office person and am in the process of booking.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
15,034 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

You will enjoy your time with Adam or anyone fro his crew. Book you car on-line before coming here and the vehicle will wait for you. It will also be cheaper.

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
3,970 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

Suggest to take RT#1 to RT#6 (Toll road) and RT #40 as from airport to Sde Boker it is 177 KM and good two hours. Take your time and stop for refreshements (additional 1/2 hour) once you hit RT#40. from Sde Boker to Ein Avdat it is quick 10-15 minutes south on RT#40. and from Ein Avdat to Mitzpe Ramon it is another 25 minutes south on RT#40

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,271 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

If Adam is not available there is an excellent guide based in Mitzpeh Ramon called Ohad who has good recommendations and can be reached at http://www.ramontours.com/201041/english

If you are staying in Mitzpeh, I can suggest the star gazing at night in the desert. Great (if not cold)experience.

Chana

Israel

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
255 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

Thanks so much for the travel tips.

Suggestions on which rental car company to book with would be appreciated. We will pick up the car at Ben Gurion and drive to Mitzpe Ramon. We will either return the car in Eilat and fly back to Tel Aviv or drive back to Tel Aviv. (The problem is we will arrive in Eilat on Friday-- I m not sure whether we will be there before 1 pm deadline to return car so we may have to keep it and drive back to Tel Aviv on Saturday. Of course, that means we have to keep the car t our hotel (Tel Aviv Hilton) and return it on Sunday, hopefully to a rental car company near the hotel so I would love to know which car company is near Hilton)>

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,806 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

That's a lot of driving to spend less than a day in Eilat (Friday PM to Saturday noon) ! I suggest that you drive back to Tel-Aviv on Friday and spend Saturday there. If you keep the car on Saturday, you can use it to visit places near Tel-Aviv - Bet Guvrin, Stalactite Cave, Mini-Israel, etc.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
255 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

I should have explained. We are leaving Mitzpe Ramon on Thursday and will arrive in Eilat on Thursday night. Spend all day Friday in Eilat and leave sometime on Saturday. I am concerned about driving back to Tel Aviv on habbat. We will then spend until late Monday night in Tel Aviv to head back to the airport for a very late flight out.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
9,806 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

Why are you concerned about driving back to Tel-Aviv ?