We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IBike hotel room for how many people?

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
96 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
IBike hotel room for how many people?

We will spend one night in Mitzpe Ramon. Unfortunately the Ramon Inn, our first choice, is booked. And if it weren't, it seems they require a two night minimum anyway. So, our second choice is IBike.

From the internet, I see they have a "1 bedroom apt". Would there be enough beds there for the five of us? We are a couple, and a grandma, and two kids. tried to email them. They replied and gave me a price but ignored my question about bed configuration.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,898 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IBike hotel room for how many people?

Call them and ask. You might get answers on this forum but won't know if they are correct.

For reasons none of us understand, many Israeli businesses are terrible about answering e-mails. It's inexplicable but nonetheless true. (I'm experiencing that right now, actually.)

So a telephone call is your best bet. I will said that i have toured the place and it's quite nice, and most reports have been positive.

Douglas Duckett

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
835 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IBike hotel room for how many people?

We stayed last summer at the youth hostel. It was very nice. They put us in their new section. It had two bedrooms and 5 beds (or a double and 3 single). Most of the youth hostels we stayed in had 5 beds. It also had a private bathroom/shower. They answered all my emails by next day. I did call from time to time, as my dates changed, but their english was not strong at the desk - so email will be more effective unless your hebrew is good. You can book on the internet - depending how far in advance you are booking . Its nice and clean, and it was very quiet and the staff were super friendly/helpful. We'll stay there again this summer for sure.

Edited: 05 January 2014, 14:33
Long Island City...
Level Contributor
96 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IBike hotel room for how many people?

Thanks everyone. Yes, Remi, their English on the phone is not fluent. I called and she seemed nice but we could not understand each other when it came to understanding the bed situation. When I asked about specifics she just said "yes, there are beds.". in any case, I am going to book the apartment. If it turns out to be inadequate I am sure I there will be a spare room available for the taking for midweek in feb.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
16,054 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IBike hotel room for how many people?

If I remember correctly the suite, as they call it has enough room for 6 people. In any case the iBike lodgings are very cozy and if need be you can have two rooms. The extra monetary outlay is not much, if any, more than one room for everyone which is rarely found anywhere in Israel. BTW they also offer delicious home made dinner which I suggest opting for since there really aren't too many options for eating in Mitzpeh Ramon. You will really like this place.

Chana

Israel

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
96 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IBike hotel room for how many people?

Thanks, Chana, look forward to it. I will let you all know how it goes.

Tel-Aviv
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv
Level Contributor
10,226 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IBike hotel room for how many people?

My information is that they don't offer dinner any more. You have to check.

The best rooms are in the back courtyard and upstairs. Avoid the ones on the ground floor off the lobby.

7. Re: IBike hotel room for how many people?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 17:15