We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aqaba to Wadi Rum

Constanta, Romania
Level Contributor
72 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Aqaba to Wadi Rum

Hello, I'll be traveling to Jordan for 5 days in March. I'll arrive in Amman, from there to Aqaba, then to Wadi Rum, after that to Petra and back in Amman.

I found buses for all routes, except Aqaba to Wadi Rum. From what I understand, they don't have timetables, they leave when they are full, but can someone tell me if there are more buses a day and if they travel all day or only in the morning?

If I don't find any buses, how much is a taxi from Aqaba to Wadi Rum? Is it hard to find a reliable taxi driver?

4 replies to this topic
Amman, Jordan
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
10,979 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aqaba to Wadi Rum

you seem to have the right picture on public transport.

If you had the other legs of journey sorted out transport wise the

Aqaba to Wadi Rum is cheap around jd 30 for private taxi. an hour drive

cheers

Raymond

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,620 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aqaba to Wadi Rum

Aqaba to Wadi Rum by taxi I paid 20 JOD.

Constanta, Romania
Level Contributor
72 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aqaba to Wadi Rum

Thank you. I would prefer to travel by bus, so does anyone know if I can find a bus at 12-1 o'clock?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aqaba to Wadi Rum

Aqaba to Rum bus leaves around middday. There are frequent buses up the Desert Hwy which stop at Rashdiya (Rum junction), then you can hitch to Rum. Or there are buses to Disi which leaves the Rum road a mile or so before the Visitor Centre, then hitch again. More info on Rum see www.nomadstravel.co.uk

Reply to: Aqaba to Wadi Rum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted