We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milky Way Camp

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Milky Way Camp

We are booked into Milky Way Camp at Wadi Rum late October. Will there be mosquitoes or other insects at night? What is the accommodation like? I cannot find that camp on the internet.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milky Way Camp

It is a nice and comfortable ('superior') camp with small houses, real beds, toilets and showers, etc.

Not sure if there will be mosquitos. I was there in October (2nd week) and slept outside - no mosquitos and quite warm.

Enjoy, Anja

Amman, Jordan
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Milky Way Camp

Hi,

I have been in the Milky Way camp last week and i have discovered a wonderful camp; so I would like to share it with people. The milky way camp is really great! you have showers and toilets/ the tents are comfortable / the food is very good / the bedouin team is really nice and the location let you the possibility to go hiking from the camp and to see really nice arches or hills. I have spent there 2 nights and I am already impatient to go there another time! they have since january a internet site so you can go and see for another future trip to Wadi Rum : www.tevamilkyway.fr

I hope you will have the opportunity to go there, it is a really nice place to discover the desert of Wadi Rum!

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Milky Way Camp

This is a five star version of a Bedouin camp. Definitely on the luxurious side as camps go. The tents are spacious and have plenty of head room and are decorated in traditional Arab style - nothing of the black hair tents about them!

it is within a mobile phone connexion, which very few camps have, and has electricity which is even rarer.

This camp is often borrowed by the authorities when VIPs want to "sleep in the desert".

The only minus is that it is on the north east side of Jebel Khazali and does not have a good view of the sunset. I believe they will drive you to a better spot if you want to sunset-watch.

Edited: 03 February 2011, 19:12
Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Milky Way Camp

PS : mosquitoes are rare in the desert, because of no water, but I can't say the same about flies. If there are none in your tent when you arrive then you should be OK. However, it is possible to buy mosquito netting from most shops selling dress material, and I always carry around a length of two or three meters - it takes little place or weight in one's luggage and is useful everywhere!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
6 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milky Way Camp

Did anyone mention having rabies injections? Getting mixed messages about the need for these before visiting the desert.....

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Milky Way Camp

hello to Milky way camp team please don't write about your self.

This is not fair for the business.

lollwa

7. Re: Milky Way Camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 05:18