We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bedouin camp recommendations please!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Bedouin camp recommendations please!!!

Hi everybody,

We are traveling to Wadi Rum in 2 weeks and would like to do a 1/2 jeep tour and stay overnight. I am a bit overwhelmed by all the camps, claims and "reviews"

Any PERSONAL recommendations????

My list of demands only includes:

Camp located inside the protected area

Individual tent (double occupancy)

Clean linens

Western toilets

Thanks in advance!!

Wadi Rum Nomads - Day Tours
Hiking & Camping Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Classic Wadi Rum Tours - Private Day Tours
City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Real Bedouin Experience Day Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Cultural Tours
Wadi Rum Magic Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
amman
Level Contributor
204 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bedouin camp recommendations please!!!

Suncity camp

vancouver BC
Level Contributor
181 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bedouin camp recommendations please!!!

Two weeks ago I was riding a camel across the desert on my way to Khaled's camp (# 6 of 100 camps reviewed on Trip Advisor.) I had a great 2 days there. Did a 6-hour jeep tour one day and a 3-hour camel ride the next. Food was to kill for -- dinner. Breakfast a little sparse. Patricia of Petra BnB had recommended Khaled, and she was spot on. If you go, say hi to Ali for me. He was amazing -- a kind young man with a great sense of humour. I reverted to my inner Laurence of Arabia persona and asked him if we could blow up a train. Without missing a beat he replied, "Did you bring any dynamite?" I had also expressed a desire to reconquer Akaba. As I mounted my camel his parting words, almost beseechingly, were, "Please, don't go to Akaba." I think he was genuinely concerned.

Khaled will look after you. Enjoy the desert -- it has a way of growing on you.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bedouin camp recommendations please!!!

My wife and I went with www.bedouinlifestyle.com last May and we had a fantastic time. Their camp meets all of your demands and when we were there Attalah went out of his way arranging transportation for us and rearranging the tour to better suit our needs. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
124 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bedouin camp recommendations please!!!

Here's another vote for Bedouin Lifestyle although I do believe a lot of the companies highly rated on here can give you a similarly awesome experience.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bedouin camp recommendations please!!!

Awesome!! Thanks, I'm gonna check them out now!!

Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
139 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bedouin camp recommendations please!!!

One more vote for Bedouin Lifestyle. We stayed a night there last October and they were outstanding in every way possible.

7. Re: Bedouin camp recommendations please!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 05:16