We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenyan Airways

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Kenyan Airways

One of the worst airlines i've ever used!! I've flown with them 3 times from Europe to Nairobi and return, and i'll never fly with them again!

i wont comment about the screen monitors which might work/might not, or about the super uniteresting movies/shows they have for selection, neither about the staff which might be friendly/might not, cause these things are for "spoiled europeans".

But the delays can be tremendous. you can wait for hours for nothing, it is hard to find officials to tell you why the plane is not here yet or when it shall be expected. the first time i thought delays can happen. The second time it was very irritating, the third time i promised myself i'll never fly with them again. And when you have 9 hours actual flying time ahead, the 3 or so hours of delay is a real hassle. Of coarse you also miss your conection flight as well and if you lucky you dont have to wait for another couple of hours to get the next flight going..

Mentioned in this post
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,444 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kenyan Airways

I always try to use BA / KLM or Emirates before KQ. I also dont like the entertainment system on KQ planes when on a 9 hour flight, I prefer my own in the back of the seat. I also find KQ have more delays than the others and the food never as good. The flight attendants are always fine though.

Sometimes though you just have to grin and bear it as the holiday in Kenya is always worth it.

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kenyan Airways

Hi,

you can always use Ethiopian via Addis, or Brussels Airlines via Bru, many choices but cost against reliability, you have to decide.

agy

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
989 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kenyan Airways

I have to count myself very lucky because in all the years travelling with KQ/KLM I have never suffered massive delays, have to agree the nine times out of ten the entertainment system on Kenya Airways does not work & the food is often dire in comparison with KLM but the destination is worth it !!!

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kenyan Airways

or maybe im unlucky but you're right, destination is worth it!!

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kenyan Airways

Sorry to hear about your experience with KQ. They don't have a good reputation here, from both a customer service (non-existent) and a safety perspective. I'm sorry that you had to find out the hard way.

Best to stick with Emirates, KLM or BA, IMHO, in future. I hope your trip was enjoyable otherwise.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,075 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kenyan Airways

I have only flown KQ on two trips.

LHR-LUN & back which had a slight delay in NBO on the way back.

AMS-NBO-EBB, Which was absolutly fine. Maybe I was lucky or maybe my experience was the norm? Who can say? People who do 'suffer' will of course take issue but the people who get where they want to be are never fond to post their views.

I have no experience of all the IFE stuff. AVOD, iPOD or whatever. I take a book and always have. That way if I doze off, a good way to pass the time, I don't lose the plot.

Telford, Shropshire
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kenyan Airways

The in flight entertainment has always been hit and miss to say the least!! I always take a book, Ipod and a portable DVD player - that way if the darn thing isn't working, I can amuse myself.

Other than that, I quite like Kenya Airways, never had problems with the food and the staff are usually very good.

Min x

Mentioned in this post
Kenya
Kenya
Africa
Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kenyan Airways

I hate to say this but KQ needs to improve. Though our home airline they need to do something before they start loosing business. They kept us at the Zan airport for close to 4 hours no explanation no apologies nothing and they expect us to recommend them.

9. Re: Kenyan Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2011, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Aberdare National Park