We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Voi wildlife/manyatta lodge/man eaters camp?

Wales
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Voi wildlife/manyatta lodge/man eaters camp?

Hi, I have gotten myself a little confused and hoping someone can put me straight. I have heard about all three mentioned above but they seem to be the same place? Can anyone qualify if this is true or if they are separate and just next to each other? Also, has anyone stayed at either Manyatta or maneaters? Voi doesn't appear to be getting great reviews at the moment!

Thankkss

South West England...
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
7,118 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Voi wildlife/manyatta lodge/man eaters camp?

http://www.manyattacamp.com/

http://www.maneaterslodge.com/

http://www.voiwildlifelodge.com/aboutus.html

Same company, different locations.

Wales
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Voi wildlife/manyatta lodge/man eaters camp?

Thank you! Any ideas which is the best one to stay in? Just doing one night on route to Malindi. May do a quick safari drive, but just want a nice relaxing place to rest between drives, and hopefully see some game from the lodge itself.

South West England...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,118 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Voi wildlife/manyatta lodge/man eaters camp?

My preference would be to stay inside the park - my favourite being Voi Safari Lodge. I know people have issues with it being old fashioned but for me the priority is the animals and not the furnishing and fittings.

It has easy access from the highway through Voi gate and you can game drive next morning out through Bachuma gate (make sure its within your 24 hour ticket).

The view from the lodge is like no other!

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Voi wildlife/manyatta lodge/man eaters camp?

Hi,

Maneaters is a nice camp but not a lot of wildlife around there and it's outside the park, if you are entering the park anyway on a 24hr pass and your going to malindi ,why dont you drive to malindi through the park and come out at sala gate and you will arrive in malindi the back way, you will see more animals this way and the road from sala to malindi is still in good condition.

It's about a 2 hr drive from the gate but mostly countryside, we always do this route and it's safe.

agy

p.s. there are other places to stay apart from these 3, can you say who recommended them pls.

South West England...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,118 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Voi wildlife/manyatta lodge/man eaters camp?

Good idea Agy, that would save an awful lot of time and miles (maybe a reduction on your transport costs!).

Wales
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Voi wildlife/manyatta lodge/man eaters camp?

Thanks for your help! A friend mentioned that she had stayed in a great tent with a pool that she thought was voi but I think it must have been manyatta. Open to other suggestions and love idea of going the other way around. I didn't know about it so a great tip!

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Voi wildlife/manyatta lodge/man eaters camp?

all three locations are outside the Tsavo East, look for Options inside the Park

to ease your travel to Malindi, as you have to drive via Sala Gate. it is a long distance.

look at:

- Galedessa Camp

- Satao Camp

- Voi Safari Lodge

- Ashnil Aruba Lodge

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Voi wildlife/manyatta lodge/man eaters camp?

HI,

you could always consider

http://www.epiya-chapeyu-camp.com/gallery.htm ( AKA BG's) we have stayed there and will go back, a stunning location on the Galana river, not as expensive as Galdessa, plenty of wildlife around, and as with most camps that have a PET, they have one called Mario, a nice big elephant who comes into camp and will toss palm friut stones around , very unique, Tents cost about $140 a double full board and great value for money, and the food is very good.

There are some pics of Mario and the camp on this link on our blog.

anadventureinafrica.com/2009addistowatamui/2…

agy

9. Re: Voi wildlife/manyatta lodge/man eaters camp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2011, 05:16